Bluetooth Static help

Josh C.

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Live in: Santa Ana, CA - - - From: Oshawa, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Mounty v8 AWD
Hoping an car audio guru can help since I'm failing at researching my problem online. Installed a new Pioneer stereo and 4 new speakers. The radio sound is great, the sound from all streaming services (youtube, pandora, spotify, etc) is great, but when I make bluetooth phone calls the persons voice comes through the speakers statically/mechanically. Its fine at real low volume but as I turn the volume dial up higher its gets worse and worse. I cant keep it at low volume because I cant hear over the road noise.
Ive tried a few things to fix it
* three different phones
* I done all updates on phones and head unit
* I tried a replacement stereo from the manufacturer and with same problem (Clutchfield)
* I've disconnected and tried all speakers individually

Its a MVH-S322BT with Rockford Fosgate speakers
Its in a 1986 Ford Ranger

I have a different pioneer head unit (AVH-X391BHS in my 1998 Mountaineer that works fine with bluetooth phone calls
Thanks for your time

Hi. Make sure that noise cancellation is turned on in your phone's Bluetooth settings.

Does the head unit have a built in microphone, or is it remote? If remote, did you try a different one? The first remote I had was unusable.

Mbrooks and Mercury, thanks for the reply. I end up finding the problem. It had something to do with the aftermarket wiring harness that was provided to me that mates between the factory harness and the new radio harness. I ended up getting rid of the aftermarket harness and ford harness and ran new speaker wiring directly to the stereo...probably should have done that in the first place. All good now

Back