Strange Bluetooth connection behavior | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Strange Bluetooth connection behavior

chefduane

Texas Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Plano, TX.
Year, Model & Trim Level
None: SOLD 9/16
I have a Kenwood DPX-500BT installed as my H/U with 4 x Pioneer TSG6844R door speakers and an Excelon KFCXW800F shallow mount sub connected via the stock amp. Everything is matched electrically and sounds great. Been running this setup for about 2 years. The previous Mach system was starting to show its age.

At any rate, when I play a CD or any audio app (Pandora, iHeart.. etc) and when I listen to regular AM/FM radio I get excellent sound from all 5 speakers. However, I have a library of songs on my Galaxy S5 and when I play them (coupled via Bluetooth) I only get sound out of the front 2 speakers, Very odd, I have tried adjusting the balance and fade settings to no avail. It still sounds fine, just only out of the 2 front speakers. And this only happens on a BT connection. I'm thinking that there must be something screwy on my BT settings on my S5 that is only driving output to 2 speakers but I cannot find any setting like that on my phone.

Anybody ever run across this and/or have any feedback as to what the issue might be? Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone? Anyone? ...Bueller, Bueller?

Anyone? Anyone? ...Bueller, Bueller?
My Kenwood head unit Excelon KDC-X798 was doing the same thing when I first installed it, but there was an option somewhere (my HTC M9 phone or inside the h/u) to play Bluetooth either thru front speakers only or all four. I think they give you that option so folks in back can do their thing on their phones while you're driving. Anyway, I made it all-4 since that's how I roll.

My Kenwood head unit Excelon KDC-X798 was doing the same thing when I first installed it, but there was an option somewhere (my HTC M9 phone or inside the h/u) to play Bluetooth either thru front speakers only or all four. I think they give you that option so folks in back can do their thing on their phones while you're driving. Anyway, I made it all-4 since that's how I roll.

It's in the head unit under Bluetooth options,

BT HF/AUDIO FRONT: Outputs audio from the front left and right speakers. ; ALL: Outputs
audio from all the speakers.

You Sir, are a Gentleman and a Genius! A Gentleman for replying to my post (when I was thinking nobody would) and genius because... you were absolutely correct!! It took a few minutes to drop through the BT menu settings but when I found the "ALL" setting and switched it, it worked perfectly!
Output on all 4 speakers and the sub! Thanks!!
Carry On, Navy. Beat Army!! :salute:
Duane
USCG '77-'83
MSO LA/LB
SAR USCGC Point Evans

You Sir, are a Gentleman and a Genius!

Ha! Never been accused of either of those faults. Just glad I could help. That's why ya love these forums, because eventually someone will come along and answer every question.

Back