Bluetooth (stereo) connection issues | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bluetooth (stereo) connection issues

Rupp3184

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
Bluetooth (stereo) connection issue

If and when my car finds my iphone 5 running 6.1.4 it reads it on the large screen as being connected but it doesn't read it on the dashboard LCD under Bluetooth stereo. If I voice command "Bluetooth stereo" it always says "no Bluetooth device currently connected..." And then half way through the message it finds it and then shows up on the small LCD. Anybody know how to fix it? I've done the reset phone and reset sync methods several times but still no permanent fix. Also, when I'm listening to music via Bluetooth with the car off and then turn it on it defaults to AV in which is also very annoying.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd disconnect battery and reconnect after a few minutes.

If and when my car finds my iphone 5 running 6.1.4 it reads it on the large screen as being connected but it doesn't read it on the dashboard LCD under Bluetooth stereo. If I voice command "Bluetooth stereo" it always says "no Bluetooth device currently connected..." And then half way through the message it finds it and then shows up on the small LCD. Anybody know how to fix it? I've done the reset phone and reset sync methods several times but still no permanent fix. Also, when I'm listening to music via Bluetooth with the car off and then turn it on it defaults to AV in which is also very annoying.
Welcome to the Forum Rupp3184. :wavey:
It would have been better to have posted this in the 2011 - 2014 Ford Explorer In Vehicle Technology (IVT) Sync, MFT - MyFord Touch forum. That is where Rebecca, the Ford IVT rep usually monitors the posts and will help with your problem. Here is the link;
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=177

FYI, there are 4 different sub-Forums for the new 5th generation Explorer where posts can be submitted depending upon their nature.

Good luck.

Peter

The BT stack on the EX is atrocious, especially when pairing the same device for phone and stereo. Hopefully someone at ford is working on that but from experience (search the forum for 911 alert and DST handling) it will most likely get worst before it gets better.

If and when my car finds my iphone 5 running 6.1.4 it reads it on the large screen as being connected but it doesn't read it on the dashboard LCD under Bluetooth stereo. If I voice command "Bluetooth stereo" it always says "no Bluetooth device currently connected..." And then half way through the message it finds it and then shows up on the small LCD. Anybody know how to fix it? I've done the reset phone and reset sync methods several times but still no permanent fix. Also, when I'm listening to music via Bluetooth with the car off and then turn it on it defaults to AV in which is also very annoying. The last thing I can think of that I have problems with too is when my iPad is in the car and is in the Bluetooth device list along with my phone it picks up my iPad before my phone when my phone is the "favorite" device on the list.

Hi, Rupp3184!

Welcome and congratulations on your new Explorer. :)

How long do you wait after you start your Ex before you say "Bluetooth Audio?" Also, we are aware of the switching to A/V audio and we're working on correcting it.

Welcome to the Forum Rupp3184. :wavey:
It would have been better to have posted this in the 2011 - 2014 Ford Explorer In Vehicle Technology (IVT) Sync, MFT - MyFord Touch forum. That is where Rebecca, the Ford IVT rep usually monitors the posts and will help with your problem. Here is the link;
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=177

FYI, there are 4 different sub-Forums for the new 5th generation Explorer where posts can be submitted depending upon their nature.

Good luck.

Peter

As always, Peter, thank you for being awesome! :thumbsup:

The BT stack on the EX is atrocious, especially when pairing the same device for phone and stereo. Hopefully someone at ford is working on that but from experience (search the forum for 911 alert and DST handling) it will most likely get worst before it gets better.

We're working on it, sterlinggold. :)

Rebecca

The link doesn't seem to work with MFT. When I hit seek it changes the radio station.

If and when my car finds my iphone 5 running 6.1.4 it reads it on the large screen as being connected but it doesn't read it on the dashboard LCD under Bluetooth stereo. If I voice command "Bluetooth stereo" it always says "no Bluetooth device currently connected..." And then half way through the message it finds it and then shows up on the small LCD. Anybody know how to fix it? I've done the reset phone and reset sync methods several times but still no permanent fix. Also, when I'm listening to music via Bluetooth with the car off and then turn it on it defaults to AV in which is also very annoying. The last thing I can think of that I have problems with too is when my iPad is in the car and is in the Bluetooth device list along with my phone it picks up my iPad before my phone when my phone is the "favorite" device on the list.

My iphone5 did the exact same thing and then I had my APIM replaced.

Its a known software bug with v3.5.1

Rebecca,

I get to step 7 in the reverse pair method but it never prompts for a code to enter. It gives a 6 digit code like regular pairing. Still acts the same after doing that method.

Sgt1411,

Did the dealer accept its an issue and replace te part under warranty?

Back