Body lift in SD

hawaiianexp00

Nevada Transplant
Reaction score
City, State
Fallon, NV
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT
My truck arrives on the 26th, can anyone point me somewhere to get a Body lift installed, I tried 4WP but they want like $550, I am more than willing to do it myself if anyone is interested in helping me out, I will buy the Beer and food even pay you for some of your time. Oh I have moved from Hawaii now I am going to live in Fallon, NV just outside of Reno, but will be in the SD area for a couple of weeks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

try contacting SDmike. I haven't seen him in a while, but he has a nice body lift and he got it in SD i believe.. good luck

I'm in SD and wouldn't mind lending a hand. My schedual is usually pretty full but if im free I'm down.
Where in SD by the way?
-James

Little hint - start using the PB Blaster on all the threads NOW... use it every day until you start the process - that way you might actually be able to get everything apart when the time comes. If I were closer, I'd give you a hand, but I can't make the trip that far...

Or, buy an impact wrench! :) I have a feeling a few airtools will expedite the process ALOT. Every time I use my impact wrench on stuck bolts that a wrench won't budge, I grin when they are off in 2 seconds flat ;)

Yup - except when a 24" Snap-On breaker bar and an additional 2 foot of pipe won't budge the bolts...

I ended up breaking several and having to dig them out of the bushings. :frustrate

Well I will be in the Serenta Mesa area down by frys up on the hill, but I will not be back in town until 23 or 24 June I will be up in Portland for the Rose Festival

We didn't have a single prob getting my bolts out. We just used a 18" craftsman breaker bar with a 24" pipe on the end. Everything was cake! :)

Just take your time and apply an even amount of force on the bolt. Don't jerk at it or you may break it.

Back