• Register Today It's free!

Body lift.

baphomet666

Reaction score
City, State
Bordeaux,FRANCE
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer.1994. 4WD

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

After installing my 2" body lift, I couldn't imagine a 3" BL without a full shop available to me (I installed mine in my driveway).

What size tires are you planning to have?

After installing my 2" body lift, I couldn't imagine a 3" BL without a full shop available to me (I installed mine in my driveway).

32''for my truck

If you have a shop to help you or one you can use then you can do the 3" BL, but if it were me, I'd do a 2" BL and a ~ 2" suspension lift. Overall I think you'd be happier with the 2 + 2. I ran that setup for years.

suspension lift front:
1. F-150 coil spacers
OR
2. Skyjacker 2" lift coils (better) (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SJA-132X/)

suspension lift rear:
1. Warrior extended shackles (http://www.tellico4x4.com/product_info.php/products_id/6362
AND
2. add-a-leaf (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EXP-13120/

I know shipping will be more expensive for you in France but if you do the 2 + 2 you'll also have a more capable Explorer.

Can you explain this more? Why would you need a full shop for the 3" but not the 2"

If you have a shop to help you or one you can use then you can do the 3" BL, but if it were me, I'd do a 2" BL and a ~ 2" suspension lift. Overall I think you'd be happier with the 2 + 2. I ran that setup for years.

suspension lift front:
1. F-150 coil spacers
OR
2. Skyjacker 2" lift coils (better) (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SJA-132X/)

suspension lift rear:
1. Warrior extended shackles (http://www.tellico4x4.com/product_info.php/products_id/6362
AND
2. add-a-leaf (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EXP-13120/

I know shipping will be more expensive for you in France but if you do the 2 + 2 you'll also have a more capable Explorer.

:salute:Hello everyone ,
I'll do the editing. advised by SIR SVO42
can you give me your advice for buying my shocks
Many of you give me advice "Bilstein" but also "RANCHO" and "Skyjacker"
MY CHOICE IS DOING IN THESE REFERENCES.

1) Bilstein by cons I can not find the right reference??

2) Rancho Rear and front Suspension Shock Absorber and Strut Assembly - RS5000 .

3) Skyjacker Rear and front Suspension Shock Absorber and Strut Assembly - Nitro 8000

I think the best thing for me.
shocks absorber that give me comfort and strength .

i drive the truck on the road much and also many on the roads very muddy, sometimes I have to cross small rivers or there are never more than 60 centimétres water
By cons ever 4x4 very hard, just small crossing

Thank you very much for your advice

:exp:

Can you explain this more? Why would you need a full shop for the 3" but not the 2"
you dont need a shop for either.... all ya need is some sockets a breaker bar a ratchet handle and most likely a crap load of wd-40.

Following the instructions in the kit you are supposed to jack up one side of the truck at a time to insert the lift pucks. With my 2" BL I could BARELY get the bolt holes to line up to get the bolts started. I did the installation in my driveway with basic hand tools, jacks, and blocks of wood (a lot of them).

IMG_1042.jpg

I think having a shop with big jacks, a level floor, and maybe even a forklift might make it easier, especially to install a 3" BL. Just my opinion.

:salute:Hello everyone ,
I'll do the editing. advised by SIR SVO42
can you give me your advice for buying my shocks
Many of you give me advice "Bilstein" but also "RANCHO" and "Skyjacker"
MY CHOICE IS DOING IN THESE REFERENCES.

1) Bilstein by cons I can not find the right reference??

2) Rancho Rear and front Suspension Shock Absorber and Strut Assembly - RS5000 .

3) Skyjacker Rear and front Suspension Shock Absorber and Strut Assembly - Nitro 8000

I think the best thing for me.
shocks absorber that give me comfort and strength .

i drive the truck on the road much and also many on the roads very muddy, sometimes I have to cross small rivers or there are never more than 60 centimétres water
By cons ever 4x4 very hard, just small crossing

Thank you very much for your advice

Any of those shocks would be fine. Just make sure that they travel a little more than stock (2" more) and have the same type of ends. I have the Rancho RS5000s and am happy with them. Measure your stock shocks compressed and fully extended and use those numbers as a reference point to buy your new ones.

Following the instructions in the kit you are supposed to jack up one side of the truck at a time to insert the lift pucks. With my 2" BL I could BARELY get the bolt holes to line up to get the bolts started. I did the installation in my driveway with basic hand tools, jacks, and blocks of wood (a lot of them).

IMG_1042.jpg

I think having a shop with big jacks, a level floor, and maybe even a forklift might make it easier, especially to install a 3" BL. Just my opinion.

you gotta think though. to put 3" blocks in instead of 2" block all you would need to do different is add another 2/6 onto that huge stack of lumber you had there and that would give you the extra inch of lift you need. i had a doubled up 2/6 A frame with a ratchet winch at the top so i did mine front and back not side to side. and also if you have two jacks you use one to lift eeither the front or back corner then you shove the other jack in betwean the frame and body and lift it that way.

:( I do not understand at all !!!!!!!!!
I can not find references BILSTEIN for my 94

or it is i who am not well
:dunno:

Hello everyone

:scratch: this morning I received my parts for my lift, but the bongo forgot to send this one.
2i7tjeu.jpg

Is what I can do the editing of my 3 "without the extra Leafs,
I'm having a problem??:dunno:

Thank you for your assistance

PS: I have this

2mgw0f5.jpg

2qmn9yw.jpg

more Bilstein shock absorbers front and rear

hopefully i get a response to this. im looking into a 3 inch BL soon. would i need any extentions for my steering or anything else? 92 explorer sport btw

:dunno: my problem and whether I can install my lift without adding

Lift 1,5 or 2"

Hello everyone,

After much reflection and research.
so I decided to make the lift on my EXPLORER.
I have the desire to make things simple.
while trying to have efficient.
My intention and gave a little one more cool image of my X

What do you think of my choice of the following parts to mount a small lift 1.5 or 2 " on my 94 Explorer .EXPLORER use on 70% of road and 30% dirt road
I need something more?, this is sufficient?
All your opinions are appreciated

This:
rad2A3E7.jpg

Lift Shakles 1.25 Invh Rear 66$

rad66C2E.jpg

Skyjacker Short Add-A-Leafs 104$

rad6FEC2.jpg

Rear Rancho RS 5000 94$

rad4B08E.jpg

Skyjacker Front Suspension Coil Springs 132X 151$

radBFB08.jpg

Front Rancho RS 5000 88$

If you think I made ​​some mistakes .
It is with great interest. I'll follow your advice
Thank you very much

Or do you think I can do better

Can anyone help me troublshoot what's wrong with my truck it die while driving I have change the fuel pressure regulator the fuel filter and the fuel pump and it still die when it dies its start sputtering and wheni push the gas it just die what can I do

Can anyone help me troublshoot what's wrong with my truck it die while driving I have change the fuel pressure regulator the fuel filter and the fuel pump and it still die when it dies its start sputtering and wheni push the gas it just die what can I do

look may be an injector is hurting you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I should check my injectors what of that not any other tips

Back