Body Mount Bushing | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Body Mount Bushing

jrnav

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Mazda Navajo
I'm in the midst of putting a body lift on my 91 navajo, I need to replace one of the very front body mount bushings and sleeves. I was wondering if anyone had one or would know where to get one.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You should be able to get the mount from the dealer (includes new rubber & upper/lower flanges).. Bone yards will obviously be a source of used bushings, but they may be a pita to remove. Are you looking to replace just the bushing and reuse the flanges? In any case you'd probably need to do both sides to balance out the front end as the new mount will be taller 1/4 - 1/2" than the old worn out one.

Check out my Body mount replacement thread for info and pics on doing this job.

I'd like to replace just the sleeve. but I dont think I'll find that. I didn't think about the height difference, thanks for the tip.

if ur replacing the sleeve...just make one out of pipe...

do i even need the sleeve? or could i just put a big washer on top of the bushing?

That sleeve has threads in it, those are what rust and seize up. Buy a 2001 part, they are the swappable for the 2001 down Explorers. 2001+ Sports may be the same as well, but Ford might still sell them because they are recent. Buy the two bolts also, they are cheap and worth it. Good luck,

Back