Body Options for 2nd GEN. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Body Options for 2nd GEN.

Ok my truck is exactly like this http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226875 color minus the stripe, same body, same year. Im getting it painted very soon and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about what to do with the plastic trim. I wanted to swap the front and back bumpers with the chrome/ plastic bumpers like on the 98/99 model. But if I did that I prolly would have to remove all the plastic trim exposing those holes. Would it be expensive to have the holes covered/filled in? Or should I keep it like it is and get the plastic painted? Any ideas or help will be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have the plastic painted. It'll look good and cost a lot less then having the holes filled in.

Look what I found at the junk yard. Will it fit? Is it in good shape? And is it worth it?

bumper6.jpg

bumper5.jpg

bumper2.jpg

Picture027.jpg

Picture024.jpg

These are from a first gen I dont know if it will fit but thats why im posting.

Picture025-1.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture009.jpg

the front bumper will bolt on. if you even wanted to, and your truck doesn't have, you can even get the fog lights working by getting the harness from the bumper to the frame rail, and grab the bezel from around the radio with the fog light switch (its all a plug and play). if your truck is a 98-01 use those rear bumpers, and same with the 95-97 (for the 95-97 the rear bumper will work for the first gens as well). the differences in the 98 and up rear bumpers are that they are curved with no licence plate in them.

I found this pic from a member on this site. Im trying to achieve this front end look.

Picture004-1.jpg

the front bumper will bolt on. if you even wanted to, and your truck doesn't have, you can even get the fog lights working by getting the harness from the bumper to the frame rail, and grab the bezel from around the radio with the fog light switch (its all a plug and play). if your truck is a 98-01 use those rear bumpers, and same with the 95-97 (for the 95-97 the rear bumper will work for the first gens as well). the differences in the 98 and up rear bumpers are that they are curved with no licence plate in them.

Ok thanks for the info. I take it that the front bumper I posted is not in good condition.

Back