Custom paint | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Custom paint

Yall know the plastic trim and bumpers on the Sports, Do yall think it would look good painted to match the truck? It's a 1999 Sport and it's Red. Advice wanted. Thanks.

Im prolly gona get that done when me and my dad stip the rack and all the emblems along with that nasty pin stripe. :D (Perks of my dad owning a paint and body shop)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lil off tpic

yo man u postin alot
i hope to see aome pics of ur truck cuz if do everything ur talkin bout ur gunna have one bad x
see i would have a bad x to but money jsut aint to easy to come by .
but hope to see ur pucs one day

i think it looks great man. you've got the hookups so i'd go for it!

YEh I am postin alot, Im excited. My Ex is stock for now but after christmas I should Have Euros, Billet Grill, And clear Corners on. I can get pix by saturday. BUT the car is just a stock 99 SPort, Manuel, Red. Me and my dad are gonna do some body work within 3 months. When im done it should be pretty bad ass. Anything you want me to do in the pic so you know im not lying and im not just some dumb ass poser whose pathetic and lies about the car he owns.. lol. Just say the word and ill do somethin in the pic to were you guys know im genuine(Bad spelling)

Peace :D :cool:

no i didnt think u were some poser im srry if u thought thats wut i meant
i was jsut sayin wit all this that ur gunna do ur gunna have one bad a$$ x. and i hope to sdee the final project

lata man

I know what you ment bro. :D But yeh im gonna get pics up Saturday so yall can kinda see how it is stock. THen after X-Mas and the body work take more so you can see oit 1/2 ways done.

L8ter

Re: lil off tpic

Originally posted by XplorerKid
yo man u postin alot
i hope to see aome pics of ur truck cuz if do everything ur talkin bout ur gunna have one bad x
see i would have a bad x to but money jsut aint to easy to come by .
but hope to see ur pucs one day

Dude, check your keyboard, I think you have a few keys not working.

I second that Perry, either some keys are inoperative or the guy just cannot spell. Sorry Xplorerkid, not trying to flame you but your spelling/grammer needs some serious work.:eek:

ah who cares...i can read it!!! good luck with the X man!

I'm actually suprised we don't see more explorers with custom paint jobs, other then a few here and there with vinyl graphics and Perry with his purple explorer, and Rick with his orange explorer :). Seems on the F-150 board we've got about 20 different trucks that I know of with flames, or some wild type of custom paint job. I'd say good luck in whatever you decide to do :).

THanks. Damnit I wish it was time to eat. I wan't some turkey! :p

Originally posted by DeagleDave
ah who cares...i can read it!!! good luck with the X man!

The future of America ladies and gentlemen

haha, the sad part is I was thinking the same thing as him. :D

I had all my trim painted to match the truck. I think it made it look 1000% better. I also took the pinstripe off.
You can click the link in my sig to see pics of it.

And if you keep posting at this rate, your gonna pass aldive in no time! ;)

Yeh, im taking the pin stripe off aslo. I just think the moldings around the wheel will look like 'Double Moldings, or Stacked Moldings' You know how it is on the sport .. ? And I can;t help posting. Im so excited about my X and I looked down 1 hour and had 3 post's.. like 1 hour l8ter I looked down and had 40, .. LOL, oh well X's are a good reason to get excited !!!

BTW your trucks sweet, you hartman and expo5.0 have my fav trucks. I want the rims and tires you have, they look agressive. I want the fogs Hartman has. Also, is that the EE billet grill, It looks bad ass.

You should strip your emblems, and get clear euros
:p

Sorry im 'Posting you to death' but um how did you take of the rack, did you weld metal in the holes?

hey sorry if i mistyped the words i was in a hurry plus my keyboard is kinda messed up. i will try to work on my grammer( lol ) i even took my time and double checked what i wrote like three times to make sure nothing was wrong.

All I did with the roof rack is take off the crossmembers. The sliders and everything else are still up there. I didnt want to mess with filling holes, but since your dad owns a bodyshop, go for it.

Thanks for the compliments on my truck. I have an SVT emblem on the back and you have no idea how many people think ford actually made an SVT explorer. I already have clear corners and plan on tinting my tails.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

He makes me work for what I have done, he takes it outa my check (What a dad :D ) But i get 50% off, he makes no profit off me. But he said i should stay away from takin of the rack. Ill prolly do what you did. It looks great. and I might put svt emblems up if takin emblems off leaves holes.

And no prob about your truck, its like a guideline for me. What do you think about the 'Double Molding or stacked moldoing look on the sport.. Take them off?'

Back