Brad's '00 Mountaineer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Brad's '00 Mountaineer

Picked up a new truck last night (will update my signature after I make this post :p)

2000 Merc. Mounty. 5.0 2wd (missing the front drive shaft) - awd.

Fella was asking $1500, talked him down to $800.

What I love:
Leather seats
all the steering wheel controls
electronic hvac
black color
tan interior
sun/moon roof (pops up and slides open)
message center

What I don't like:
-missing front drive shaft
-header leak, but there's a wrong bolt in there, so I hope by just replacing the bolt with the correct one it might fix, its and iffy problem
-lift gate wont close and latch on the drivers side causing door ajar light to be on and dome to stay on
-173,000 miles
-when you look at the rear drive shaft going into the pig and someone switches from reverse to drive the drive shaft turns about 1/8th of the way.
-RUST
-running boards aren't very stable, might weld them, thoughts?
-broken windshield

Pics...
I'll post some of the rust and that weird header bolt later, these are the pictures I already have... oh and maybe a video of the drive shaft/pig

2010-10-21163539.jpg

2010-10-21163552.jpg

2010-10-21163612.jpg

2010-10-21163633.jpg

2010-10-21163653.jpg

mounty1.jpg

mounty2.jpg

mounty3.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ill be so jealous if you get a 3rd gen!

I was going to, (Before I got my Limited) but theres too many bad stories I hear about them, rear ends groaning, electrical gremlins up the wazoo, severe tranny issues; etc.

(Just make sure you REALLY check this thing out before you buy one)

What temp are your HIDs?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah that's why I am so IDK about it, lol. and IRS seems kinda iffy all together...

HIDS are like 4500k or 5000k I think the 5s are in the headlights and 45s in the fogs... and they're 55w from DDM

I've had a lot of interest in the Mountaineer and one guy said he would even stop by today to buy it for $2500, and I am okay with that, but he was supposed to call yesterday and didn't so I don't think he's coming.

I don't understand why this is so hard with so much interest in the truck...

I'm gonna repost it on CL later on today, new pictures since I changed out the HIDS for Halogens because my cheap VVME china crap ones burned out on me in the Explorer, so I replaced those with the Mounty ones.

I'm gonna lower the price to $2900 as well.

Lower it to $2900? :p: If you mean 1900$ I wouldnt drop so low, I would stay at about 2300$ and see what offers you get.

But yea, I remember selling my black Explorer, I had probably 20+ people I talked to on the phone, and then they would setup a time that they were gonna come look with cash in hand, and never showed up. Same thing for my Taurus I had. Its like they dont have the courtesy to just say, "Sorry, im not interested anymore" or "Sorry, im not gonna be able to make it" etc.

They're not $1,100 HIDs, I'm gonna lower it that much!

And at 2,300 people will offer me like 12 and 14, and I might have to hit someone with a wrench... :p

I want at least 2200 to 2600 for it.

Also, about those Rims Brian.. :p

I need to know if I need to change up all these tires and wheels or not, and that depends on if you're gonna buy the rims or not.

Im gonna shoot you a PM

I sold this vehicle. $1350 and a $150 detail job for my Explorer.

:eek:

Damn my chick needs a new ride. Wish I lived near you, I woulda scooped that up ASAP.

Back