davebar

Reaction score
City, State
Kirtland, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport
I need to redo my rotors and pads.
Is it worth the extra 200.00 to get ebc pads abd crossef drilled rotors
Im running 33s with body lift. Mainly trail rig, mud n some rocks but lots of watet.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I haven't tried the ebc's. I have read on other forums, some love 'em, some hate 'em.

I have PowerStop cross drilled rotors and Performance Friction's. Love them, Better braking feel, stopping power, and very long lasting. I'm looking forward to putting a set on my car as well.

I've used EBC pads on 3 different cars- I've loved all of them. I haven't tried them on my Explorer. I've never bothered with anything other than blank rotors though.

Thanks for the info. I was worried about cracking if I used the drilled rotors.
Ill look into the Hawks

I upgraded my brakes abour a year and half ago. i went down the EBC path and put in the slotted rotors with the "green stuff" and i love them. i took my explorer in for a full brake inspection and the ford technician asked if i have just done it because he said they looked brand new. i have great response and the dust is so low. i understand that brake dust isnt a big deal for trailing but i want brown dust on mine, NOT BLACK! dont know if this helps at all.

Back