Quick question on brakes

Afboy143

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Tampa,FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer Sport
Ive posted about this in the past and its driving me crazy. Ive had a problem with my brakes. Ive replaced the master cylinder and brake booster. Pads are pretty new and even ceramic. The brake pedal got better after getting ford to bleed the lines; however, the brake problem is coming back slowly. Basically I have to push the peddle a lot to get the truck to stop...sometimes its scary and I feel I am going to rear end someone. My last thought---warped rotors as when I brake the truck tends to shake a bit.

Which leads to my next comment

I am wanting to buy some drilled/slotted rotors for my truck. My question is, do I need to buy new brake pads or can I use the ones I already have? Reason being, I just put on full ceramic pads about 3-4 months ago and they were pretty expensive. I read that you should buy new pads for new rotors, but does it matter since the pads are rather new? Thanks guys

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You need to replace the pads as well as they have worn a patern to your old rotors.

Have you replaced the rubber brake lines?

Nope, lines are still stock. Could the stock lines be expanding/leaking? Which would be better to replace...rotors/pads or lines? I can only do 1 or the other rite now..

Back