Braking problem. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Braking problem.

97_explorer

Reaction score
Just recently when I go to apply my brakes it feels like i have no brakes goes to the bottom and makes a weird sound and just few mins ago when i applied the brake it pulled to the right. I checked the brake fluid and its fine cant really see the pads to know how much i have left, but i dont think thats the problem. Anyone have any ideas or have had this issue?
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just recently when I go to apply my brakes it feels like i have no brakes goes to the bottom and makes a weird sound and just few mins ago when i applied the brake it pulled to the right. I checked the brake fluid and its fine cant really see the pads to know how much i have left, but i dont think thats the problem. Anyone have any ideas or have had this issue?
Thanks

Did you check each wheel and under the truck for leaks? I had brake lines rust out and leak, same symptoms as you describe.

How do you know that the pads aren't the problem if you didn't look at them?

"When I go to stop, the brake pedal starts to vibrate and it won't stop." I just found this on yahoo and they say that ABS is always on.

Some brands hold up longer than others. I've had good results with Performance Friction & Wagenr, but bad results with Bendix. Some pads like Satisfied are cheap, and don't always last a long time.

Some brands hold up longer than others. I've had good results with Performance Friction & Wagner, but bad results with Bendix. Some pads like Satisfied are cheap, and don't always last a long time.

to turn off pull the relay under the hood, test.,don't think thats your problem better check a little deeper.

I had this issue on one of my 96 explorers, If the ABS light stays on all the time this may be your problem, on my explorer the pedal would shimmy and it wouldn't stop. I dissabled the ABS and it went away, no shimmy and it stopped fine, one of the wheel speed sensors was bad.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back