• Register Today It's free!

Braking problem

jaerik

Reaction score
City, State
arkansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 ford sport trac 4x4
I am hoping somebody can help me with my problem on my 2001 4x4 sport trac.
I just got done changing the front brake pads on my truck and now i have no front brakes they worked before i replace the brake pads but now they don't i have tried to pump the brakes up but it doesn't work i am wondering if anybody else has had this problem and what do i do to fix it.
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it's a vague post
how did you change the brakes pads (details help)
- did you unhook the brake lines
- did you open the master cylinder lid before pushing in pistons
changing brake pads should be an easy job if you understand how a braking system works.
You could probably looks up a DIY video on youtube to figure out what was done wrong.

At this point anything could be wrong, a service shop would be in the best position to diagnose the problem and fix it. I would recommend getting it towed to a shop (just in case you mis-interpreted me saying drive your truck)

I just got done changing the front brake pads on my truck and now i have no front brakes they worked before i replace the brake pads but now they don't i have tried to pump the brakes up but it doesn't work i am wondering if anybody else has had this problem and what do i do to fix it.
Thanks

Could be a bad master cylinder as well, you didn't unhook the brake lines and let the master cylinder run dry did you? If so you got air into the system and need to take it to have the abs module bled as well as the brakes. Conventional bleeding won't work. I just went through this fiasco myself after doing pads rotors and calipers and new master cylinder on mine at all 4 wheels. Sounds to me like you got air in the system or a shot master.Also check you have the banjo washers installed correctly if you did remove the lines i made the mistake on that one (dumbass moment there).

Thanks

When you do this, does the brake pedal get hard at all, is it going to the floor without resistance, something else?

Do you have rear brakes?

- did you unhook the brake lines
no

- did you open the master cylinder lid before pushing in pistons
no i didn't but it still lost some fluid out of it i don't know if that could be the problem

-When you do this, does the brake pedal get hard at all, is it going to the floor without resistance, something else?
no the brake pedal didn't get hard at all it just goes strait to the floor.

I also didn't not let it run out of fluid so no there is no air in the system that i know of the master cylinder was full when i started and over flowed when i pressed the cylinders back in on the calipers. only thing i didn't know about was taking the cap off of the mc.
thanks

When you do this, does the brake pedal get hard at all, is it going to the floor without resistance, something else?

Do you have rear brakes?

yes i do have rear brakes just no front brakes

Back