• Register Today It's free!

Brand Motion I-Pod integration

bojans

Reaction score
City, State
McHenry, Il
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer Limited
Just installed the Brand Motion I-Pod system into my 06 with Nav last night. Overall very happy with the product, great sound quality and just a few bugs to figure out as to the display (more learning how to use it than anything). The only issues I encountered were getting the radio back into place with the extra plugs and the dock for the I-Pod does not fit the way it was intended to in the glove box and needed to be velcroed in there.

Anyone looking to add I-Pod to their factory stereo should check this out.

http://www.brandmotion.com/products-ipod-adapter.php

I hooked up the Brandmotion a while back as well. I didn't like having to reach to the glove box to access the iPod, so I hooked mine into the center console. Looks nice and is easy to get to. Do have a few issues with it as it is slow skipping from band to band to band using the seek buttons. That's partly being spoiled by the thumb wheel of an iPod, but it is also a little slow. Also don't like the fact that it resets when you turn the car off. Hence if you are listing to track 5 of playlist A, turn the car off and then back on and it's still on track 5, but it is under Album instead. Have to go through and set it back to track 5 of playlist A. Otherwise I'm very happy with it and enjoying the road trips I go on.

Back