Bribery(kinda long)....Get rid of the explorer and... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bribery(kinda long)....Get rid of the explorer and...

Yomie

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Biloxi, MS
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 Toyota
Well, i guess the time has come, well kinda. I now officially have the oldest vehicle in the family. My mom just bought a 2002 Mercedes E 300 (turbo diesel). And now she wants me to get rid of my explorer (cause i spend too much money on it). I asked her whats in it for me? She said a newer car. Well i didn't wanna do it cause i love my explorer! Well I owe $12,156 on it and now she is really wanting me to get rid of it. Well today it came down to this----> Get rid of you explorer and you will recieve Dad's 2000 Infinity I30t(same as a Nissan Maxima). Now they both know I love this car and i want it bad, it has not given any problems since they have had it. Now I don't live in the house (i'm 21 and in the Army). But they think it is in my best intrest to get this newer infinity(under warrwnty and 'more reliable). My question is has anyone ever dealt with infinity's and what are reliability issues with this car? And please let me have your info!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know, but can I get adopted into your family? :)

Keep the X!!!!

Sure man come on over, get some time out of that colorado cold and enjoy some Florida Sun! lol, hey i even got a 23 year old sister! lol

j/k guy's don't think i am trying to sell my sis, it was a joke, LOL

Hey, it's ok, I've been trying to sell my sister to Matt, LOL :)

j/k

Hmm, I think I would have to go for the infinity.

ya get the infinity use it and sell it eventually for a bigger badder truck lol

Infiniti.. If im not mistaken, moderator Stephen is an avid fan of the infiniti's
Pete

If your 21 and in the Army then I would say your mother really has nothing to do with your life. Therefore you should do what you want. Take the stand now... LOL Why drive a little unsafe car when you can drive a truck?! Do you owe your mom that much money on it? If so go to the bank get a loan for that amount and pay her off and then she will not have to worry. If she is so worried about it breaking down tell her not to, and that you will fix it if it does break down.

Originally posted by RFR2212
Infiniti.. If im not mistaken, moderator Stephen is an avid fan of the infiniti's
Pete

Nope he is a lexus dude.... LOL

heh... its odd that this happened b/c i gave up a loaded 95 maxima for my 95 XLT (which does quite a few options) b/c i wanted room and a truck, not a car. the maximas are really nice cars and last for like 200k miles easy... and theyre quick little boogers... since u have the option of the infiniti which is like a maxima times 10 id say itd be a hard choice... if u want good gas mileage and a nice way to impress the ladies... get the infiniti... but did u ever think ur dad is looking for an excuse to get a new car?

I love my X don't get me wrong... But if this offer were on the table for me there would be no question about it... TAKE THE I30t!!! I almost bought a 96 about 5 months ago... I LOVE those cars... Maybe I should have traded in my CRX for it... DoH!!!

Selling your sister?

Hey man heard you can sell sisters for some good money on e-bay, maybe with that you could pickup a 2002 X

I'd rather have a lift and other mod's for my '91...besides, she ain't worth THAT much...Man, I'm horrible...

Get rid of the explorer and go for the Infinity. As you can see I did not hesitate to put my explorer in storage for quite awhile when the option for a new car came along
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
V

I had an I30 and an Explore XLT. Completely different vehicles but there is nothing wrong with the Infinity providing you are not going off-road! Gives a good ride and is cheaper to run than the Explorer, both in gas and maintenance.
When we moved to England from Texas, we traded the Infinity but kept the Explorer. But we have two large dogs to haul around.

In the military, you wont have much income so I dont blame you if you cut your losses and get the Infiniti. cheaper on gas too. Then in a few years you'll have enough cash to get a even nicer explorer.

Yeah, thanks for the replies guy's. The $12K that i owe on my explorer is in my name. And the infinity is paid for. i dunno, i gotta think about it a lil more. I love the explorer and would love to keep it, but the infinity is awesome also and paid off. I dunno, it's a hard decision, i will let you guy's know what will happen. I gotta talk to them about it tommorrow

id get the infinity. since its paid off you could dump $$ into it and make it a sweet ride

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's true. I'm glad that I'm not making a car payment, since I need all my money for other things. I'd say just drive 'em both for a long time, and decide what you like better, whether it be driving in a little bit more luxury, or off-roading/your preference in the Explorer (I know all people on this board don't off-road, but use it for space, etc...). If it were my decision, if I only liked off-roading a little better, I'd go with the infinity because it's paid off.

I hope the descision goes well, and whatever you pick makes ya happy. Good luck!

Back