Brightest 9007 bulb?? New Member Intro and HELP! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Brightest 9007 bulb?? New Member Intro and HELP!

Hello World! I am a New Member and I have a 2002 Ford Ranger Edge.
I CANT SEE AT NIGHT! I need the BEST HI/LO BEAM HEADLIGHT BULBS that are 9007 compatible. Please Help! But I don't won't to go Broke doing this.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello World! I am a New Member and I have a 2002 Ford Ranger Edge.
I CANT SEE AT NIGHT! I need the BEST HI/LO BEAM HEADLIGHT BULBS that are 9007 compatible. Please Help! But I don't won't to go Broke doing this.

Your Sylvia Silver Star bulbs are really good, in my honest opinion, if you want to go with a halogen. You can go LED (I am biased towards LED btw) or HID but they are a little more expensive. Now if you get a good LED bulb they will more than likely out last your truck. Only problem with that is if you aren't using a projection headlight then they can blind on coming traffic and could end up getting you a ticket (depending on the state). What condition are your headlight assemblies in? If they are oxidized then that could cause reduced brightness. Also, are your headlights aimed properly (not aimed at the trees or at the ground)?

Your Sylvia Silver Star bulbs are really good, in my honest opinion, if you want to go with a halogen. You can go LED (I am biased towards LED btw) or HID but they are a little more expensive. Now if you get a good LED bulb they will more than likely out last your truck. Only problem with that is if you aren't using a projection headlight then they can blind on coming traffic and could end up getting you a ticket (depending on the state). What condition are your headlight assemblies in? If they are oxidized then that could cause reduced brightness. Also, are your headlights aimed properly (not aimed at the trees or at the ground)?

Well, Thank You so much! I think I need to get New Headlight Assembly AND the Sylvia Silver Star Bulbs! Thank You sooo much.

Well, Thank You so much! I think I need to get New Headlight Assembly AND the Sylvia Silver Star Bulbs! Thank You sooo much.

You're very welcome! On a side note I'd look at Amazon for those lights. I believe they are about $20 cheaper there than Autozone or Walmart but don't quote me on that. Just make sure you buy from a reputable seller as well.

I have Philips Xtreme Power bulbs in my Explorer and my Paseo. Great bulbs. The Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs are their replacement, so they might be even better.

Purchased a set of F2 led headlights for my Explorer, the light is good. Much better than the halogen bulbs. The previous LED bulbs I had in the driving lights had cooling fans that proved to be annoying and failed to prevent one of the two bulbs from burning out. I cannot comment on lifespan since I've just installed them but I'm hoping that we'll get more than just a couple of years out of this set.

Back