Bronco II tire size | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bronco II tire size

hey guys my brother in law just got an 89 Bronco II and was wondering if anyone knew how big u could go with the tires? also will the 94 Explorer rim fit on the Bronco? Anyone know any good sites he should check out. thanks.

Check out Rough Rangers Off-Road Club or The Ranger Station .
Yes the bolt pattern for the Explorer and B2 is the same and I am pretty sure that 30" tires are the largest you can run stock, but I may be wrong... either of those site should have the answers your looking for though. Just cut the fenders and you can run 33s, then cut the top, some 4.56s...

Attachments

• clean2.jpg
    clean2.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 220

30" X 9.5" ON STOCK RIMS WILL STILL RUB SLIGHTLY BUT NOTHING A hammer cant fix.

Also every truck is different, and tires are different.
You may be able to fit 31's with minimal rubbing (fold the fenders under with a hammer) if your springs are not sagging badly.......

It takes alot of lift to fit big tires on a BII (front) unless you trim or run flares or glass...

here's mine on 33's:

Dead Link Removed

I'm running 29's on my '87 BII. They rub a little, and only under extreme suspension travel while turning. They would also rub on the sway bar at full turn (when the sway bar was installed). I've put the 31" tires from my explorer onto my BII (yes, they will swap freely) and they worked ok, but they did rub some. Within that range, it would depend on the individual vehicle, and how much you can tolerate the rubbing.

Back