Brookline NH run, July 18th | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Brookline NH run, July 18th

DeRocha said:
Isaac a big positive on the convoy. There is a new Panera in the old Service Merchandise plaza on rte 27. Great for bagels and bakery stuff.

When do you want to meet there? Say around 8 and get headed by 8:30?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How will the trail be for stock tires... still too poor to get my mudders

unabonked said:
How will the trail be for stock tires... still too poor to get my mudders

A bunch of us ran the trail in the fall on stock tires. Myself and Scourmunch both had AWD V8s with P235/75/R15s and did ok. He had no lift, I just had shackles.

I would recommend taking off your running boards. I nicked my passenger side one a tiny bit on a stump, but that was it!!

completely stock you will be fine. maybe a little rubbing on the running boards, but besides that youll be fine. you should definitely make the trip up man!

ehhh... just lerned i'll be working till 8am sunday. i dount i can make the 50+ miles in under an hour. That sucks

unabonked said:
ehhh... just lerned i'll be working till 8am sunday. i dount i can make the 50+ miles in under an hour. That sucks

You've got 2 hours man...We meet @ 10am in the Walmart parking lot...

the trail is like fifteen minutes from walmart. you could come up anytime man. you should show up. itll be an awesome time.

ok i'm in... no sleep for three days so this will be extra fun :)

you could camp out up there! :D

i wish.... i do 12 overnight shifts (8 to 8) on sat night-sun and sun night-mon. as soon as we are done i gotta head back to work. yuk

I sent a PM to Mike last night. I found out that even though he doesn't have a calc exam, his idiot boss scheduled him to work on Sunday even though he asked for the day off and he can't get out of it. Sorry, but we will have to wait for the next time :(

Dang Sandy The cards seam to be against you making it up. Just think of all the cool pics you'll have if you make it.... I know you said your trany is having problems right now, but how about your brother's? I mean could you swap Xs for the day and drive up in his?

Hey Guys (and Girls if you can make it), I'm definitely in now, and most likely my friend with the 4Runner (Kevin) will leave his behind and ride along but my buddy (Bill) with his Nissan will probably drive, and also another friend (Brendan) with an old renegade is thinking about coming too. So Fred you can take out the GAP part ;) (what does that mean anyway?) and I’ll see you guys on Sunday. :chug:

Nick26 said:
Hey Guys (and Girls if you can make it), I'm definitely in now, and most likely my friend with the 4Runner (Kevin) will leave his behind and ride along but my buddy (Bill) with his Nissan will probably drive, and also another friend (Brendan) with an old renegade is thinking about coming too. So Fred you can take out the GAP part ;) (what does that mean anyway?) and I’ll see you guys on Sunday. :chug:

Cool...now we can race. :p See ya there

V8BoatBuilder said:
A bunch of us ran the trail in the fall on stock tires. Myself and Scourmunch both had AWD V8s with P235/75/R15s and did ok. He had no lift, I just had shackles.

I would recommend taking off your running boards. I nicked my passenger side one a tiny bit on a stump, but that was it!!

Scormunch! :p

I had lots of gouges on my runningboards, but the AWD and LS in the back did fine traction-wise. The only real problems we ran into were ground clearance related. :-/

If I can get off work... can I ride along with anyone? I doubt the 20's would hold up as well on the trail as Ike thinks they would. :cool:

Scormunch said:

I had lots of gouges on my runningboards, but the AWD and LS in the back did fine traction-wise. The only real problems we ran into were ground clearance related. :-/

If I can get off work... can I ride along with anyone? I doubt the 20's would hold up as well on the trail as Ike thinks they would. :cool:

Wuss. If you want to meet me and John near Brockton by 8, you can ride with me. Otherwise sorry. ;)

asshat :frustrate

sorry guys :fire:

Scormunch said:

Sorry!!! My bad.

It would be great if you could come up. I'm going to be empty, so you're more than welcome to hop in.

Next time, put 35" BFGs on your 20s.... They are made.

V8BoatBuilder said:
Sorry!!! My bad.

It would be great if you could come up. I'm going to be empty, so you're more than welcome to hop in.

Next time, put 35" BFGs on your 20s.... They are made.

If you had 22's you could get Toyo's 44x15.5-22. Remember that one, Aaron? :cool:

There are tons of crazy sizes if you look hard enough.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

DeRocha said:
Dang Sandy The cards seam to be against you making it up. Just think of all the cool pics you'll have if you make it.... I know you said your trany is having problems right now, but how about your brother's? I mean could you swap Xs for the day and drive up in his?

John, it's a good idea in theory, but even if my brother let me drive his truck, there is one slight problem and that is his is a 5-speed and I don't know how to drive a truck with a manual transmission, I never learned how.

Looks like the only way I would get up there is if there is someone else who is close enough to me to pick me up......well, there will be other times I'm sure

Back