Brookline NH run, July 18th | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Brookline NH run, July 18th

Don't fret....on the inaugural run (sp?) Outrun84 lost his tranny. He still got home. :D If it's gonna die, it's gonna die. Just call it "assisted suicide" and get the repairs scheduled so you can wheel with us in VT later in August. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

izackary said:
so you can wheel with us in VT later in August. :)
i AM going to make that one, my boss can kiss my toosh, if he thinks im gonna miss that...if its late enough, i can get fired and not have to worry about getting a job before school.

BTW, anyone planning dates for it yet?

rfuree11 said:
i AM going to make that one, my boss can kiss my toosh, if he thinks im gonna miss that...if its late enough, i can get fired and not have to worry about getting a job before school.

BTW, anyone planning dates for it yet?

Not just yet. Probably around the middle of the month anyone wanting to come should tell me how they're schedules are looking and what weekends are best for them!!

Allright, add one more to the list, I'll be there!

Ben

sweet! that makes 10 trucks so far that have said they will show up. if everyone shows, this may be the biggest off road explorer run ever in new england!

im baseing that statement on pure assumption. i have no idea if it is remotely accurate. see you guys sunday!

With all the rain we've been having the area has got to be alittle muddy :bounce:

So how was it!? Where are all the PICS!?! :p

We had a pretty good time, I almost blew my engine, I can't wait to see some pics though cause i forgot my camera. So those of you who took pictures with real film I'll pay for you to get doubles so I can scan them in, let me know please.

Everyone had a good time.. Isaac lost the top nut & bushing on both his front shocks. Aaron whipped out his vast tool chest and got to work with Isaac in scoring some parts off an old Bronco nearby. After the run Isaac and I went to Home depot to get some nuts and it turns out his shocks were too short for his torsion twist; so when wheeling and going into full droop the front wheel peeled the nut off the threads... No one got stuck on any part (except for Nick in his hydro fun). He hydrolocked his engine while attempting a water crossing... He hit the water fast, and the engine died almost instantly... We were unsure at fist if his engine was hydrolocked or died from something electrical. Nick has a KKM and is high mounted, but when the intack was removed water poured out.. The plugs were pulled and when cranked over a lot of water came out... The plugs were put back and the engine started up...(a lot of spray still came from the radiator shroud). We ended up back tracking the trail and hitting some of the first sections going uphill.. It was Tony (MontanaGT) and Bens (Bracken53) First run on these trails and they had no problems. All in all It was a great time... I will get my film pics back later this week... I have a scanner and can post later.

Photos!

OK Kids.... Here are the photos my little HP camera took that weren't too blurry. Unfortunatley, I didn't get any cool action shots (the camaera dispises motion) and we didn't stop for many cool parts in the trail - just drove over them!

Help me choose a new avatar! (Yea... I shot alot of my own truck.... :rolleyes: )

13422IM001333.jpg

13422IM001332.jpg

13422IM001339.jpg

13422IM001338.jpg

13422IM001335.jpg

That back tire is in the air!
13422IM001331.jpg

13422IM001322.jpg

Isaac pulling parts off the old Bronco:
13422IM001326.jpg

Its a real shame this thing is up there, a real mess that needs to be cleaned up. Glass everywhere, its belly up with the engine torched out of it, parts strewn about. Its pretty well stripped. This is the stuff that gets trails closed!!! Not to mention the trash bag I filled just collecting Keystone Lights and Pepsis whenever we stopped. :nono:

Dirty windshield shots:
13422IM001321.jpg

13422IM001317.jpg

13422IM001340.jpg

The Trail:
13422IM0013231.jpg

Hangin out:
13422IM001320.jpg

Nick's Hydrolocking:
This shot actually came out, probubly the best one of the day. It shows how the wall of water hit the hood, and soaked the engine.
13422IM0013271.jpg

13422IM001328.jpg

13422IM0013291.jpg

Post Hydrolocking, runs like new!
13422IM001337.jpg

My truck and Isaac's while we drained Nick's engine:
13422IM001330.jpg

Fred pre-ran this trail, deemed it too difficult for the rest of us:
13422IM001336.jpg

Fred's new ride:
13422IM001334.jpg

This engine was disassembled, cleaned and painted 3 weeks ago:
13422IM001347.jpg

Wheeeeeeee!

Boy, was that one fun...Tim, how come you didn't come to Walmart? You could have ridden with someone.

When we go camping up in VT, I doubt most of the "roads" will be as constantly rocky as these were. It was fun traversing the rocks, but even at the end, my back was fatigued. There are several rocky obstacles farther north though, like steeply-angled rocky streams to get over, etc. I'm so far considering the weekend of August 14th-15th (whatever Saturday and Sunday are) which should be at the end of anyone's (particularly mine and rfuree's) summer semesters. And keep in mind we'll camp inside a well-maintained cabin less than a mile's walk from a good spot to park (bring a backpack) and if you can only make it for a day - even though it's a long ways to go just to wheel for one day - we won't be too far from routes 12, 4, or 107, which all lead to I-89 with maybe one or 2 turns. I know John and I had almost got crossed up a couple times once we were on those tricky paved roads again. In any case, I'm going to start a camping thread after this post. (SEPERATE from my jambo thread to prevent confustion!)

Oh, and Aaron...what happened to the pic of you on 2 wheels at the beginning of our journey? Did it not come out? I'd nominate that one for a new avitar! :thumbsup:

PS: Props on Nick's splashdown pic! Awesome shot!

i think my diffy is taking a crap on me :(

I didn't get too many pics but here are the ones that weren't too blurry. This was my first real wheeling, other than mild stuff, and I was pleasantly surprised at being able to get over rocks that I never would had even attempted to even try before. The clean up wasn't fun but I can't wait to do it again. :bounce:

At the Trail head.
9867IMG_0503.jpg

Fred checking out the PVC snorkel on a J**P.
9867IMG_0504.jpg

Nick's mishap
9867IMG_0515.jpg

Nick helping out in the recovery.
9867IMG_0517.jpg

My Ex
9867IMG_0522.jpg

On the Trail
9867IMG_0506.jpg

9867IMG_0500.jpg

9867IMG_0499.jpg

9867IMG_0498.jpg

9867IMG_0524.jpg

9867IMG_0521.jpg

9867IMG_05231.jpg

9867IMG_0505.jpg

Looks like you guys had a great time. The pics really brought back some memories and smiles from when i went up there with the green truck.

yeah, it definitely was a good time. not as many no-shows as last time, but no-ones tires fell off on the highway either, so it was a successful day. im now in the process of finding more trails to run on in the future.

Tony - those are some good shots! I especially like the ones of John's truck, they show a more complex and interesting trail than many of the other photos.

I also like the one of mine - finally a decent shot of my front skidplate!

It was a great time, with some great dudes.

Here is the 2 wheels one... unfortunatley.
13422IM001315-2wheels.jpg

too bad on the "wheelie" shot, Aaron...

Mike, don't fret. Get it fixed within the next few weeks and you can head up to VT for some more good times! :bounce: There will be camping and beer. Honest. :chug:

its official, my xfer case has taken a dump...its at the tranny shop as we speak.

so for this week...ive been dumped and my truck died....im living a country song

rfuree11 said:
its official, my xfer case has taken a dump...its at the tranny shop as we speak.

so for this week...ive been dumped and my truck died....im living a country song

That really sucks man. Get a manual t-case replacement :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

im seriously considering it...i just dont have the fab skills to do it myself

Back