Brookline NH run, July 18th

FourXFred

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Boston, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 EB
Well, its been a while, and Ive been getting a lot of PM's asking about another run in New Hampshire, and I have a 4x4 again, so I figure its about time to get another run going. This is plenty of notice for all of you other northeners to take off your running boards, twist those torsion bars, cut those brown wires, replace your upper balljoints, and have no excuses whatsoever as to why you cant make it. Reply if your in! Well meet at the Walmart in Amherst at 10:00AM.

CLICK BELOW FOR DIRECTIONS
http://www.walmart.com/storeLocator...ame=ALL&rx_dest=/index.gsp&sfsearch_zip=01469

HERES WHOS IN SO FAR:
me (fourxfred)
izackary
v8boatbuilder (aaron)
derocha (john)
tony (montanaGT)
unabonked
nick26 (nick)
hid buddies nissan pickup and an old jeep renegade
bracken53 (ben)
IN IF NO CALC EXAMS:
rfuree11 (mike)
sobelover (sandy)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Count me in....Which vehicle are you going to bring?

Fred, what kinds of mods do you have on the sport?

i may have a calc exam the next day...if i don't, i'm in :thumbsup:

currently i have no mods whatsoever on the sport. the ranger frame is too bent to get the stock front axle working again. im pretty sure the only way she will ever move again is to do a solid axle swap.

for this run, i will be running my 31x10.5's and doing my torsion twist and installing the shackles i already own. hope to see you guys there!

rfuree11 said:
i may have a calc exam the next day...if i don't, i'm in :thumbsup:

Hey Mike, if you do go can I ride with you? I really don't want to take my truck that far with it's past problems with the transmission. PM me so I can give you my cell number so we can make any arrangements necessary. Hope to hear from you :bounce:

I would love to go. With the state my grandmother is currently in, though, I try to stay as close to home as possible. Doctors say she hasn't got long and her days are numbered, so I try to spend as much time as possible with her. Some other time guys. :(

howdy guys. i oughtta be in this time. since i missed the largest outing there i feel i oughtta go for it again. After all I've lived 5 minutes away from John for 2 months now and have yet to call him or arrange a visit. (sorry :p) I doubt I'll get Saera up for that ("down" for her). I know she'd love to, but i'm sure she'll have to work and she's already working to get the sunday off for the jambo trip so she can make both days. (In fact we did a little wheeling today! After she gets pics developed and scanned I oughtta elite myself and post them)

See y'all there!

Scott, sorry to hear about your grandmother... Spend as much time with her as you can and you will have no regrets...

Sorry, Scott! My condolances to you and your family. Hope to see you sometime! Hopefully you can make either the jambo trip or the camping trip up in VT later in August! (See the link sig for details if you haven't read up.)

Thanks, guys. Isaac, I would love to make it up to VT, but right now things are not favoring me making it. Between my grandmother, working and taking a summer course at school, I just really have my plate full this summer. I've talked to you a lot online, Isaac, and one of these days I will finally meet you :) .

Sure ya will. :D

Hey John, what do you say you and I meet for coffee or something that morning and then convoy up to NH? A low-voltage guy named Danny Eckhart in Brockton that I've worked with recently said something about a local shop where he had a white chocolate chip coffee in a bigass sippee cup. Any clue where that is?

Scott, sorry to hear about your grandmother.

I'm in. I'll be there. Lets hope its nice and sunny - with some rain the day before. For some reason, I really want to play in the mud!!

I'm lifted, have 31" BFG ATs, no running boards ;) and ready to rock.

I talk to Isaac alot on aim, my screen name is the same as my name here. Feel free to IM me anytime. :thumbsup:

Well guys, if Mike doesn't have that calc exam I'll be coming too. I talked to him last night and he said that I could come up with him. I'm really looking forward to meeting you guys since I didn't get to in November :(

Scott, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother, I'll keep her in my prayers

Hey everyone, I'll most likely go but im a little tentative as of right now cause im in the process on moving, but hopefully I'll be able to work it all out around that.

Congrats on the 5-Speed Fred, can't wait to see it!

P.S. I may bring a nissan and a 4runner too, we'll see :chug:

Isaac a big positive on the convoy. There is a new Panera in the old Service Merchandise plaza on rte 27. Great for bagels and bakery stuff.

Sandy I hope you're able to make it. You'll get to experience things first hand and see what the fun is all about. You'll be wanting to bring your X up for the next trip...

Aaron Glad to hear your ditched the anchors (aka running boards). Rock sliders would be nice, but the running boards had to go. Running boards look nice, but I hardly used mine... Your current setup is going to be very capable.

Is anyone bringing a CB or portable air? Should we make a list of who is bringing what?

I'll bring a fair amount of trail gear:
-Hopefully I'll have my CB (as soon as Hokie shipps it to me)
-I have a 12v Air compressor, as well as a portable jump-starter with a built in compressor
-Wrenches, Wratcets, tools
-Receiver hitch tow hook
-Tow strap (or two)
-Shovel (Came in handy last time!)
-Block of wood to place under bottle jack
-First aid kit
-spare fluids (limited amount)
-spare tire!
-large lug wrench
-Trash bags and paper towels
-fire extinguisher
-gloves
-GPS and cellphone

I may add more, but don't want to be too heavy!

For everyone's reading enjoyment:
http://www.explorer4x4.com/trail_equip.html

i plan on bringing:

cigarettes
high lift
a bad hangover

nick, there is no maybe. you will be there.
scott, sorry to hear about that man. good luck, and dont wory, there will be more runs
sandy, show up. this may be the last run ever.
mike, same goes for you.

Add another one to the list.

I'm finally able to make one of these runs. I don't have any trail gear other than a tow strap so I won't be of much help.

I look forward to meeting everyone. See you guys on the 18th.

Tony

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

definitely man, see you there!

Back