Budget build Bronco II, cheap & capable | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Budget build Bronco II, cheap & capable

Well doing couple mods, most are parts I have accumulated over time, and dont have much money invested from buying and selling left over parts. Only expensive items is just ordered 5 new 31.1150 Ltbs; and 2 inch lift coils
add ons explorer rear springs
8.8 disc brake rear, installing 4.10s that were removed from my mustang
dana 35 front swap 4.10s have from parts ranger
likley custom fabed radius arms?? if time permits
welded rear, open front
tube doors, custom bumpers
misc tuning to get running better and 1354 manual t-case

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Current condition
100_1024.jpg

Was this, a little while back, but i did ad 2in body lift and new body bushings, doesnt look like it since suspension so worn.
100_0848.jpg

Lots more good times planned, build will be completed for May 30th SMORR trip.
IMG018.jpg

...It's always nice to see another build happening...Can't wait to see it's progress...:biggthump

got my new tires today, they look awsome!, will update pics soon.

springs were junk so, i cut them out quicker and easier, bolts holding spings to perches rusted solid, so they were torched today also.

Torched off old spring pad and sway bar tabs from the explorer axle.
100_1033.jpg

Picture of one of the 31-11.50-15 LTBs they look great i think, nice and agressive.
100_1031.jpg

End of the day status, rear axle was torched area were cleaned up with grinder, axle mocked up under Bronco, set pinion angle, tacked pads and shock mounts, pulled axle, welded everything up. Axle is sitting on jack stands, removed axle shafts and getting carrier ready to weld the spider gears, then re install with the 4.10 gears i have, which will help over the orginal 3.55s. Tommorow will get rear axle put together and by wed should have rearend completed. Under the Bronco.

just out of blatant curiosity, would you mind snapping a pic of the rear differential after its welded? I've always heard of it being done but I've never seen how or where its done.

This is all I have picture wise of the rear differential, its allready been installed back into the rear, also key nnote is you dont have to even take carrier out to do this, some people weld it after taking the diff cover off and spraying it clean with parts cleaner, but, i figured would be a better job since allready had it out, was weld with pin in place, then removed for the install and put back in.
100_1042.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back