Bumbers

gage

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Hopkins Minnesota
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Exp. Sport, 91 5.0LX
I have a prob. With the lift I have I wanted to retain the factory look to the front of my baby, I did not want 4" body gap that would be there if I moved the bumper back down to factory settings.

MY ? is DOES ANYBODY know where to get a fabbed up Bumper? As Exp. owners/followers we don't get the attn. needed for the manufactures to fab up a good looking solid bumper or parts in general. I would like to replace it with a winch/bush/large animal protection that would compensate for the lift.

Also does any body think a 5.4L would fit in there. I know I can get parts for them.

Grrrr SOHC 4.0!

Any thoughts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

TJM bull bars is a nice unit. they are distributed by hella lights or arb (not sure) they are really nice and i know one is made for X but am not sure on the years. i hope you can locate it.

Welcome to the site

Thank you!

no problem. did you check them out? do they even have them for your application?

Unknown, but they do build what I want. They might be able to point me in the right direction.

This Paul Golby @

http://www.explorer4x4.com/rides5.html

Has something that look neat and functional. I ideally would like to have someone make a bumper that would move the mounting brackets down for the body lift.
I will give them an e-mail on monday to see what they say.

If nothing else maybe they can tell me who the competitors are!

yup that one will probably fit yours if paul didnt have to do custom brakets as that is the later body style similar to yours

jamesduff.inc has a nice tube winch bumper.
Dont they give you bumper relocation brackets with the body lift?

Bumber

No not with mine! I did get the cheep kit.

call a distributor and see if you can buy them seperately from "performance accesories" or another place that offers body lifts?

Back