• Register Today It's free!

BW4406 questions

wrigley_1285

Reaction score
City, State
Decatur, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Sport
Ok so I've been doing some searching and so far have had no luck finding anything about a BW4406 being put in a 2nd Gen Sport.

I want a 4406 in my '00 Sport. And I was wondering what drive shafts I would need in order to do this. I am also going to be doing a BL and a TT w/AAL. Don't know if this would make any difference with the 4406 swap.

Any info would be great. And pics would be even better.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi there! Question, do you have a V8 in there yet? A 4406 case goes behind a 4r70w transmission. :)

I don't have a 5.0 I have a 4.0 OHV with a 5 speed auto trans.

I don't believe you can swap it to a 4406, i believe you need a BW1354? something of that sort, the main reason the 4406 swap is so popular for 2nd gen 5.0's is because its a direct bolt up to the 4r70w trans which comes with the 5.0 and 4.6 f150 and 5.4 expeditions. Im not too familiar with the 4.0's so im not certain which case you need. but i know the BW4406 isnt what you want.

i was wondering also if i could bolt one up, i have on 05 sport trac and i am looking into a manual transfer case and a SAS to make mine 4wd. i know i'm going to need alot more but i am mainly interested in the major parts. i know the old rangers have bw 1354's and the f150 and expi have the 4406. what is my best choice.

The BW 4406 bolts to the 6 bolt V8 transmission
It does not bolt to the 5 bolt V6 transmission

You guys want to look at using a BW1354 manual t case from a Gen I explorer
AND
eliminating the AWD/4wd functions from your truck (sport trac, does not apply to 2wd truck)

the 2wd truck to convert to the BW1354 will need the output shaft and tailhousing installed in the transmission from a 4wd truck

the 1354 is a good transfer case

First step is to find out exactly what transfer case your truck has then you will be able to find what transfer cases are a bolt in or adaptable

You have alot of ooptions including aftermarket transfer cases and even swapping out your transmission to get the case you want.

Ditto, beginning with a 4WD truck is easier, because you don't have to add any front drive parts or go into the trans. With a 4WD you just swap the TC, shafts, do the shift linkage, and swap to a 2WD GEM module, plus remove the 4WD and TOD module. Regards,

Back