C2780-60 code 2008 Explorer XLT RWD | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

C2780-60 code 2008 Explorer XLT RWD

ExplorerIronman

Reaction score
City, State
Charleston SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Explorer Ironman
I am trying to disable the TPMS system on my 2008 Explorer XLT RWD 4.0L. I have Forscan and have been in the GEM As Built area.

I have changed block 726-01-01 from 1CD9 5591 to 1CD9 1591, which changes the second set of binary numbers from 0101010110010001 to 0001010110010001.

That has eliminated the periodic tpms alarms while driving, leaving the following issues:

1) upon startup, the TPMS icon on the instrument cluster flashes, and "TIRE Monitor Fault" is displayed on the info sensor. Once I push the stick on the IC to dismiss the message, the TPMS stays on the entire time I am driving.

2) When I log onto Forscan, I get error code C2780-60 under GEM/SJB indicating 'the module is in manufacturing mode and needs to be configured, with properly trained tire pressure sensors, before the TPMS system will operate.' I can successfully configure the tires and TPMS sensors, but the code persists, as well as the flashing IC icon and info screen message.

It appears that others have been able to successfully disable the TPMS system without indicating the IC icon and message appear on the info screen. So.... Where did I go wrong???

Many Thanks,

Tom

Dont waste your time
You cant disable the TPMS.forscan as build editor isnt deep enough to disable the system

Buy any suitable cheap replacement sensors ,VDO or similar,and forget about this issue

Dont waste your time
You cant disable the TPMS.forscan as build editor isnt deep enough to disable the system

Buy any suitable cheap replacement sensors ,VDO or similar,and forget about this issue
I replaced the sensors in response to this problem. They pair just fine when in learning mode. I'm trying to get rid of the error code and hopefully eliminate the Tire Monitor Failure message upon startup.

Try to upload new as-build file (motorcraft site).this should fix factory transportation mode chart.

Do you get this DTC after GEM module reset?

Back