• Register Today It's free!

Cam Position Sensor????

Joes4x4Ranger

Reaction score
City, State
The center of Hell, Parker, Arizona!
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT
Does my 1991 4.0L engine use a Camshaft Position Sensor???? The build date is 07/90 on my driver door. It is not real clear in the Haynes Manual, where the sensor should be on my rig it looks like just a oil pump drive

Nope.. 1991 and 1992 don't use a cam sensor.. just a crank sensor...

~Mark

Thats great!!!! One less PITA putting my motor back together

Mark
I got a SUPER good deal on an OEM Motorcraft Engine. Can we post the URL and possably put it in sticky? I paid $2283.12 + $400 Core (already got core charge back) Free Shipping and core pick up. List price was $2892.39 + Core, The best my local dealer could do was $2523.12 + Core. The only "gotcha" was I had to have it shipped to a business.

It took HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS looking around the net to find the folks I got mine from. They are a Ford Dealer and Authorized Ford/Motorcraft Distributer. At the price these guys are selling these engines at, getting anything else would be stupid IMO. No one can beat factory quality on a re-manufactured engine. I have nothing to gain by putting up their URL, I'd just like to see someone else save a bunch of money if they are thinking of getting a re-manufactured engine.

Back