Cam position sensor | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cam position sensor

I replaced the sensor the drive felt great the first sensor broke a lead I repaired it tested it it was always giving me 12 volts .. so I replaced it and re installed the syncro I backprobed the sensor at 26 atdc and thought I had it right

unfortuneately the truck is running the way I left it before the head job I still got stumbles and bad fluctuations and what appears to be an eth of smoke floating around my engine my question is can I be 180 out on the syncro and the truck still run???

….will residual fuel and spark run the truck although erratic ?? ….this is my second set of gaskets I cleaned all my fuel injectors this time got new fuel pump

there is all new rockers lifters rods and new valve job truck still runs the way I left it!! miss frothing slosher

...the manual I picked up says start the syncro out at the mark at right angle sink the syncro the vane moves in a clock wise direction twards the arrow backpobe the syncro tightener down and insert your rods …. this is the pick at 26 deg atdc am I in the right spot

IMG_20190722_180709474.jpg

I replaced the sensor the drive felt great the first sensor broke a lead I repaired it tested it it was always giving me 12 volts .. so I replaced it and re installed the syncro I backprobed the sensor at 26 atdc and thought I had it right

unfortuneately the truck is running the way I left it before the head job I still got stumbles and bad fluctuations and what appears to be an eth of smoke floating around my engine my question is can I be 180 out on the syncro and the truck still run???

….will residual fuel and spark run the truck although erratic ?? ….this is my second set of gaskets I cleaned all my fuel injectors this time got new fuel pump

there is all new rockers lifters rods and new valve job truck still runs the way I left it!! miss frothing slosher

...the manual I picked up says start the syncro out at the mark at right angle sink the syncro the vane moves in a clock wise direction twards the arrow backpobe the syncro tightener down and insert your rods …. this is the pick at 26 deg atdc am I in the right spot

IMG_20190722_180709474.jpg

IMG_20190722_180539806.jpg

Back