Can I connect an AUX cable?

shagr15

Reaction score
City, State
Tampa, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLT
Hey guys,

I've got a Pioneer headunit in my X and until now I had just been using a radio connector and playing the ipod through the radio... sadly my truck was broken into and it was stolen. I have an AUX cord but there is no plug on the front of the headunit... is there anyway I can connect the ipod through the aux cable even though there isn't a plug in for it without paying a lot to get it connected someway else? Thanks guys

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

is that basically just another higher tech FM transmitter? one thing I didn't like about those is just that a lot of times they got fuzzy depending on the station... I guess I could give that one a try though.

I know what you mean. I have FM transmitters and they sometimes work and sometimes don't. I'm thinking this would be better since the antenna plugs into it.

Thanks guys... I may try that one, but I may be waiting to put more money into my beast... this weekend was rather expensive ha

My old Pioneer head unit that I put in my truck yesterday didn't have an AUX plug either, check the back to see if it has an IP bus connector(mine was right next to the antenna plug) if you have that you should be able to go to Amazon and order an IP to RCA plug(like 9bucks plus shipping) from there you'd just need a male rca to 1/8th inch for your MP3(another 10bucks or so from radioshack, depending on length).

Depending on what head unit you have you'll have to manually turn on AUX mode, for mine it was hold power and source then scroll over.

I just got the Scosche unit I posted above and it works really well. T-tapped the power and ground right off the radio harness (black/pink for power and black/blue for ground) and the main unit slides in behind the 4x4 module nicely. I have the input/power switch mounted to the left side of the glove compartment, so only the 1/8" connection cord is visible.

Back