can i put on 35s with a three in susp. lift | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

can i put on 35s with a three in susp. lift

My truck is one 31's with a three in susp. lift. I really get to jumpin when im offroad. Will the 35s hit my fenders, i really dont want a body lift but the 6 inch lift is like 1700 dollars, would a two inch body lift cure it if there is a prob.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No way. I have almost 7 inches of suspension lift on mine, and I proabably still need another 2-3" in the form of a body lift to run 35's, especially if you abuse it like you say you do. Unless you are handy with a sawzall (i.e. fender trimming) thenm it is just not going to happen. Our wheel wells are not big enough to hold 35's, so you have to completely clear them to fit the tires. I ran 31x1150x17's with a stock suspension, and I am running 33x1250x15's with 7 inches now, and my tires rub on the front sway bar even now.

I say its doable depending on how much of your fender you want to get rid of. Or just go to glass front fenders and that probably would clear everything for you to Run 35's. The rear would probably need some work. Mudd is right though the fenders just don't allow enough room to run the sizes you want so you have to modify them some. If your really going to get into it, I really don't see a reason why you can't trim everything back. Its all going to get beet up anyway from the rocks. :)

Trust me on this!! I have a Superlift 5.5" susp. lift and a 3" body lift and I can barely cover the 36x12.50 swamps on my rig. Go with the fiberglass fenders up front and do some minor customizing to the rear and you'll have no problem. Maybe more lift though.

I agree with you guys! Kevin....a fiberglass fender up front, modification on the rear fenders, and an inch of lift more should let you have clearance for 35's.

I have the fiberglass front fenders and 3" bodylift. For the way it looks I can fit in 33's with no problem and maybe 35's if I just want to stay on the road.

Thanks for the info guys, im new to offroading so where can i get these fenders at, how much do they run? I might just end up with 33x12.50s, i like to have some get up and go, you think stock 4.0 with a five speed will turn 35's fairly well, i lights up the 31's with a just a pedal. Flow, kn only air mods on motor.

I think which 2in body and the lift you have now and glass fenders it would work. But i want to help you out alittle, you can edit your post by clicking on the edit button on the bottom of post. To get a price on the fenders, do a search on them in the groups buys, i can't remember how much they were going for. lata

no prob. lata

I'd like to take this time to welcome you to the site. You'll find anything and everything all right here

Onto your question. Add a new set of fenders and you may not need a body lift. FenderGuy has a set of fiberglass fenders and a 4' lift and is running 35 with a ton of flex. You can get them from Perries Fab and Fiber. Check out this link for a group purchase and prices. You'll be able to get the larger tires while still keeping everything low to the ground to stable rides.
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

Kevin, No, what the kit is for is to make 91-94 look like a 95-98 explorer in the front, and the back. But you can just get the fenders so you can fit bigger tires. Rick has the full kits on is truck.

I run 6" of lift and 3" body lift, and 35x14.50 ssr's on my 94 4-door. I genarally don't have any problem rubbing unless I crank on the wheel pretty hard. I have only been of road once, and they rubbed pretty hard. I would advise against 35's and go for 33's unless you want to run skinny tires or do some trimming.

I've got a 4" TrailMaster lift with the glass fenders up front and minor trimming in the rear with 35's

View

I still have the stock raduis arms and took off both sway bars so I don't rub on anything AT ALL! Good luck with your decesion.

It took me 16 inches of lift to clear 42's and I moved the front axle forward two inches and I still rub a little bit.. good luck.

I think it can be done

Kevin; the BushWhacker fender flares will allow you to trim 3+ inches behind the wheels. I have room for 38's with 6" and 2" body lift. So, you may be able to squeze in the 35's and the flares are a lot cheaper than Fiber fenders.

NE1 got a cost on those fiberglass fenders?

Back