Show your 1st gen flex | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show your 1st gen flex

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

heres my '92 with only the front sway bar removed and dinky 275/60-15 tires on 15x10's...

img_0359.jpg

img_0360.jpg

img_0363.jpg

img_0365.jpg

Was diggin thru my photobucket and found these.

Found a small hole in the middle of a puddle. Thats a 33x12.5 down in that hole!
03282009131.jpg

03282009134.jpg

94LIMITEDEX, That is a beautiful wheeling place. I live in pa so there is pretty much just mountains and trees for scenery where I off road at, lol. Great looking Xplorer too.

Yeah its bone stock. tire size and everything.
This is all it could do haha. the two side shots were steep enough to make it really hard to get my door open.
downsize2.jpg
downsize3.jpg
downsize4.jpg

whooped my buddies stock s10 blazer though! i had all four on the ground in the last picture and he had his driver rear about a foot off the ground in the same position.

Yeah too many people under estimate the explorer. When you compare it to many other makes of vehicles in its class, stock for stock, it is a very capable machine. Nice ex shmiggy and let the modifications begin! :thumbsup:

Full Drop:

Fulldrop.jpg

Full Stuff:

Fullstuff.jpg

i cant decide if i want to go sas or if i want to show people that ttb actually works, but this ex isnt going to get mod'd i've got a rolled one at my parents place thats going to get gutted and destroyed to turn into a rig.

I like it!!!!

yeah i was going 45 mph when i hit, got 5 feet air and 48 feet distance. Cracked my diff, and bent my drop brackets. Im in the middle of cut, turn, extending my beams soo next time it wont bend a cheap drop bracket lift.

i cant decide if i want to go sas or if i want to show people that ttb actually works, but this ex isnt going to get mod'd i've got a rolled one at my parents place thats going to get gutted and destroyed to turn into a rig.

Depends on what you are doing, and how large a tire you need to run to do that as to whether the TTB or the SAS is the better front end.

If you limit to 33 tires, stick with the TTB and spend your $$$$ elsewhere.

If you go larger, play in the mud a lot, or really want to do some rock crawling, then go SAS. I've done both and the TTB will run with anything up to the 33" tire size limit. After that, the axles start getting iffy for strength.

Mine was on post 55 of this thread (now under new ownership -- Jman).

I'm curently building an SAS Ranger:

Stagedforsuccess.jpg

flex.jpg

flex2.jpg

bone stock 94 XLT saving my money for a 5.5" suspension lift

l_a744cdf4ca8c4564beadb0f7fdc466e6.jpg

just a picture of my expo...
TTB all the way! damn thats a sexy 11" of travel

5.5 duff front. SOA Rear w/LMC 4 leaf springs

0319101805c.jpg

0319101817b.jpg

0319101817a.jpg

0319101809.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back