Can you have the OEM tonneau cover and the bed extender in at the same time? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can you have the OEM tonneau cover and the bed extender in at the same time?

sickwilly

Reaction score
City, State
Middle Tennessee
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Exp Sport Trac
I think I found a deal on a OEM tonneau cover with all hardware. I was looking at how it installs. Do the brackets block you from being able to use your bed extender?

I am still debating getting the OEM one, versus a fabric one. I really have little need to lock stuff up, so I was thinking that maybe the fabric one would be better because of the lower weight and ease of removal.

If the OEM one interferes with the bed extender, though, that is a deal killer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No problem. The factory sells them that way.

i have the fabric snap on cover ,,no problems with my bed extender,,,,altho a few snaps have messed up other than that everythings a ok

I have the folding hard cover and the bed extender....no problem.

So you can drive around with the tail gate down, bed extender out and the tonneau cover down and locked in place?

folding bed cover & bed extender

Yes, I have a hard folding bed cover (Advance Cover) & an aftermarket bed extender that works just fine - does not interfere. I must admit that I do not know who makes the OEM cover for Ford.

Back