Votes: 150 40.5%
  • Yes, Manual

Votes: 51 13.8%
  • No, Manual

Votes: 15 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't spin my tires but sometimes when I step on the gas in reverse I can get a chirp.
AWD V8, LS rear.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have been following this thread and a question came to mind.

Besides Alec (who is a freak of automotive nature) and NotaJp. How many of you can spin the tires with 35's?

I was joking around with a guy tonight. We got to talking at a gas station looking each other rigs over. He had some ugly fender trim job. If I had a camera you guys would have laughed.

Anyway he was talking about his engine and stuff. I heard him start it as we left and my god what a beast. Hard starting and sounded like crap. So we are sitting at the light and he starts with the revving. So in playing I get on it. The light turns green and I blow threw the intersection tires squeeling and all. I was like HOLY CRAP!~!! I pulled over as I went up the hill and looked back. I had a good 15 ft burn from both wheels. He ended up catching up with me and followed me home.

He was asking if anything had been done to the engine. I could only answer 'I don't know.'

Looking at my engine there are no sign of modifications, no KN filter (well it in the garage waiting to go on.), stock MAF, TB etc. And I'm still not so sure on the rear gearing will have to crack the diff and see.

i put mine in 4x2 low range and do major brakestands :)

I dont realy have a problem spinning my tires, I dont try to do it often Tires for 20's are two much....

Ben Jenkins Intake, Flowmaster Exhaust, BBK Throttle, Thottle slack Tightend, Autotechnic cone Air Filter...

Originally posted by AlaskanJack
I have been following this thread and a question came to mind.

Besides Alec (who is a freak of automotive nature) and NotaJp. How many of you can spin the tires with 35's?

I was joking around with a guy tonight. We got to talking at a gas station looking each other rigs over. He had some ugly fender trim job. If I had a camera you guys would have laughed.

Anyway he was talking about his engine and stuff. I heard him start it as we left and my god what a beast. Hard starting and sounded like crap. So we are sitting at the light and he starts with the revving. So in playing I get on it. The light turns green and I blow threw the intersection tires squeeling and all. I was like HOLY CRAP!~!! I pulled over as I went up the hill and looked back. I had a good 15 ft burn from both wheels. He ended up catching up with me and followed me home.

He was asking if anything had been done to the engine. I could only answer 'I don't know.'

Looking at my engine there are no sign of modifications, no KN filter (well it in the garage waiting to go on.), stock MAF, TB etc. And I'm still not so sure on the rear gearing will have to crack the diff and see.

I don't doubt you could do a 15ft burnout (sweet!). I can burn 35s with 4.56 gears but I get alot of wheel hop with the SOA so I try not to esp. when dry. I chip the tires constantly without trying.

With 5.13s you should smoke them easily even with a stock engine. The 4.0L is a good motor though not quite a beast as Alec's.

Well Like I said, I'm not totally sure now what the rear is geared at. Alec helped me calculating by speed, tranny gear ratio, and rpm's. It came up around 5.13, but when I lifted up the rear my first surprise was to find that it was either an open diff or locker. wheels spun in opposite directions. Anyway based on wheel rotation to driveshaft rotation I was barely coming up with 4.10's I was even afraid that it may be 3.73's. I may have fudged on where I called it one full tire revolution. Hey Something just hit me. Since I was turning my 35's how does that affect tire rotation to driveshaft rotation in figuring out gearing??? Hmmmm.

I mean what if I had 33's on, or is one rotation simply one rotation no matter what tire circumference is???

The tire size won't matter because it is one rotation of the axle. The size of tire will effect final drive ratio and distance traveled. With your high RPMs I can't imagine anything less than 4.56s. I'm running 2500 rpm at 65mph with 35" tires and a 5 speed. An auto will be higher.

my 92 w/ 5 speed manual spins them too easily. tires are expensive. i can spin them from a rolling start if i floor it.

i cant spin my 32s the slightest bit! i guess thats good, but people think my car sucks when they see i cant even spin them on gravel

I can get mine to spin just a bit. I know I'm not supposed to do that witha new car but it was on accident.:D

Nope, I once got a chirp when the road was wet. But that's it.

95 4x4 XLT with mods in my sig. Im guessing I could spin tires if it wasnt for the 4x4?

My 96 Xlt v6 OHV will peel on dry pavement while I do a turn. In rain I can hold a peel out for a while, can run doughnuts in rain too.

In my 93 X v6 It peels ALOT in rain. Probobly due to the tires needed to be replaced about a year ago :p

I could watch the speedo go up to 50-60 or so in my 95 when it was wet outside. And I have 4x4, maybe I just got a good EX, heh.

We can all spin em on wet pavement.

I can light up both rears on dry pave doing a good old fashioned brake stand. It's been real easy with swampers, but I don't do it too often. Only when I get the bug.

I need to get a picture of it...LOL:rolleyes:

Was just saying that in regards to Don, saying that he couldn't spin the tires on wet pavement in his 95, possibly cause it was 4x4, heh. Spinning the tires when its wet outside is a bit scary on the 35's they have a mind of their own.

I was just mentioning it Klowns, didn't know you had talked about it earlier.

:)

Actually now that I think of it, I can do it in my company's work van too(chevy). That one light's up real good.

My son and I just took a fun drive!!!!

We were mesing around doing major burn outs on pavement and dirt roads.

I decided to test it out and did a continuous burn out of over 30 ft from 0-30 mph

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by AlaskanJack
My son and I just took a fun drive!!!!

We were mesing around doing major burn outs on pavement and dirt roads.

I decided to test it out and did a continuous burn out of over 30 ft from 0-30 mph

Damn, sure there's not a supercharger under the hood?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back