Votes: 150 40.5%
  • Yes, Manual

Votes: 51 13.8%
  • No, Manual

Votes: 15 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could spin mine when I had my chip and the back seats and stereo out :D Chip, KKM, Exhaust, and weight reduction on a sport...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My Durango is AWD and I can't get those tires to spin unless I'm in some gravel, and even then it's only for a second. The good thing is in the rain they don't like to do it either.

i can barely get them to spin on loose gravel let alone pavement wet or dry

I've got a 96 with few mods and can in auto...?
Then again, for the money the tires cost, I try not to!
I can't sit on a straight line and bark them, but if I'm taking off on a slight turn/angle, sure... they'll bark.
Or are we talking a "add some chlorine and do a brake stand" kind of spin? No.. that will take many more mods I'm afraid. heh :p
And, by the law enforcement some of you have in your areas, it sounds like that could be a fineable offense (if your tires are spinning, you don't have control of the vehicle, etc. :p ).

I am able to chirp first and bark second with the control trac and a 5 spd. I don't do it too often but it is funny to see reactions from people when I hit second in an explorer.

no problem going forward, have squealed juuuust a bit in reverse...........31"x10.5 w/ 3.55 o/d

Who voted No, Manual. Unless they have like 35" tires and a worn clutch, they obviously don't know how to drive that thing, LOL

i have 31.10x5 with my stock 3.27 gears, flowmaster, a heavy foot that is capable of pushing the gas pedal through the floorboard at any time, and open diffs, in a straight line it will squeal a tire for about 2-3 seconds, it will roast the hell out of them with a little power braking, but i dont like buying tires much either. Damn les schwab tires suck cant get no traction in the rain.

I have a 4.10LS V6SOHC 265/75/16's and can get them making a turn, thatss about it...it wont even powerbrake...oh well, i cant afford to do that anymore. My old Jeep would smoke them though when turning and would powerbrake like no other. My Dakota R/T i had last summer would light the hell out of them....driving in the rain was just plain spooky

I can do that '95 pretty good around turns. I like the low pitch the BFGs make:D The 02 will do it for a second, although i got it to spin once when it kicked it. I was at a dead stop, turning left, going up a hill, mashed it out of there, and it was still spinning once the 4wd engaged. Now that is what you call some power. Neither Xs have mods.:D

Im curious why some people that have pretty much the same year,mods,and transmission(auto) can spin there tires, but I cant.
Anybody got a clue?

I can spin in the rain, or do it on dry pavement in reverse. Actually, I haven't tried with the new tires, so I don't really know. Oh well

Originally posted by Chew_12
Im curious why some people that have pretty much the same year,mods,and transmission(auto) can spin there tires, but I cant.
Anybody got a clue?
After looking at your mods I really have no idea... I could do it with just exhaust also, and my tires have barely any wear. Maybe you're not doing it right...

has a whole lot to do with tires i think the tires i have on now are a hard rubber i think 10 ply so they break traction easily and smoke instantly. if you have soft tires your grab pavement better i know in my neon R/T i have real real soft 40 series tires and its a real ***** to get them to spin to long. Also suspension could make a difference, weight in the rear i have no spare tire in back and no towing hitch so its a little lighter i dont know just a couple ideas

shoot also forgot to say the kind of pavement it is makes a huge difference too i cant even squeal them on the highway blacktop around here but on the nice smooth roads oh yeeeeah

On dry pavement, I can spin some if I do a good stab of the accelerator, but if I powerbrake, I have no problems spinning & making smoke clouds. On wet pavement, without powerbraking, I can turn sideways about 50% of the time, but if I powerbrake, I can't do it too long without being sideways. It's just a '97 V8 Mountaineer, and I haven't installed my headers and exhaust yet. The only real power adders are Taylor Spyro plug wires and a 4" dryer hose replacing the air silencer tube.

Dry - Straight: Brakestand required for prolonged sqeual or burn.
Dry - Turning: Brankstand greatly assists, however I can still burn a little.
Damp - Wet Straight - Turning: Are you joking?! Let it hit the floor and watch the speedo peg!
I run the SOHC with magnaflow exhaust, open 4.10s, and 255s. All of this is relatively smooth pavement (normal road) that is about 90 degrees ambient (this is florida people).
The longest I have done was a rainy night, I punched it, and let it go to 4th gear... which was about 15 seconds of burning. I dont like to get new tires often, so I dont do it much, but that sure was fun, and since it wasnt a breakstand and was wet, I bet it wasnt TOO bad....
-----Nate

Yes, but just a chirp W/ 4.10 L/S gearing

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

After looking at your mods I really have no idea... I could do it with just exhaust also, and my tires have barely any wear. Maybe you're not doing it right...

Im probably not, what is the right way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back