Votes: 150 40.5%
  • Yes, Manual

Votes: 51 13.8%
  • No, Manual

Votes: 15 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok well there wasnt a place to put squealing second with an auto. So i will just post it all here.

Wet pavement if i wanted i could do a sit and spin all the way through the gears.

Dry pavement i can squeal first realy easily, in fact sometimes it surprises me cause i dont mean to. By the way my tires are pretty new and not bald.

Dry pavement second gear? Well now that i have my shift kit in i can squeal while shifting into second gear pretty durn well too. By the way in case some didnt notice i have an automatic tranny.

I have a V-8 with 3.55 rear gears, auto transmission with a Baumann stage 4 shift kit, true dual exhaust, and a few other things. I expect that when i have finally have installed my supercharger i might be able to chirp 3rd gear but i hope not because i am just losing power to the ground whenever i chirp it. Well c ya.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can spin em' and my X is an all stock 4.0. It even has Cali emissions (bought it with 50k from a nice woman who just moved here). I'm gonna go down the air filter, chip, header road to get more HP. I think I have to be turning while I put my foot through the floor but she still chirps.

wow, all this talk and no one has proof...

and yes, i can spin 'em. :D

burnout.jpg

mine chirps pretty good when dry. If its damp it does a nice peel out. Wet they just spin all across the intersection.

Last time it rained here, I had fun making all my turns like rally drivers. I'm great at counter-steering now :)

Originally posted by rocket 5979

Wet pavement if i wanted i could do a sit and spin all the way through the gears.

Dry pavement second gear? Well now that i have my shift kit in i can squeal while shifting into second gear pretty durn well too. By the way in case some didnt notice i have an automatic tranny.

My tranny won't shift when the tires are slipping..... in fact the rpms are sometimes cut down, it will rev up to like 5k, and then the rpms will drop down (without shifting up) until the tires catch...
this is without me letting up much on the gas, I don't understand how you can spin through multiple gears with your auto... maybe your computer is a lot different

Originally posted by psychotic
My tranny won't shift when the tires are slipping..... in fact the rpms are sometimes cut down, it will rev up to like 5k, and then the rpms will drop down (without shifting up) until the tires catch...
this is without me letting up much on the gas, I don't understand how you can spin through multiple gears with your auto... maybe your computer is a lot different

Nope our comps are probably the same. Mine will let me spin through 1st and shift to second now. When i didnt have the shift kit in it would kind of cut out like you are saying after it hit over 5000, i am thinking because of the rev limiter. But if you shift quick enough(shift kit) then you wont even hit the rev limiter. That is why i dont cut out now till the tranny shifts third then it cuts out a little and if it is still pretty wet and slick in the area i am doing it at it will go through third too. Not really a just computer thing, more specifically a rev limiter thing.

Nope, but I do have new Scorpions...that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Originally posted by james t
wow, all this talk and no one has proof...

and yes, i can spin 'em. :D

burnout.jpg

can you get them to smoke like that without a brakestand?
:)

I have a K&N intake, headers, 8 spark plugs, and I've never tried.. but I'm pretty sure I couldn't spin them.

Well, I can in the snow. :D

the only time i can chirp my 5-speed is if its wet or loose underneath me or i am going in reverse (for some reason i can light them up inreverse but not first). on a good day, i can chirp into second.

in our auto, from a start, i can chirp on any surface but only briefly.

both have open diffs, the stick has 3.27s and the suto 3.55s. no major mods yet, i just have a K&N in the stick.

i almost wonder if i am doing something wrong because i was under the impression taht all sticks could burn rubber....the only time i could ever leave a track was when my clutch was brand new...but even now, it only has 10k on it.

Originally posted by leenjen
can you get them to smoke like that without a brakestand?
:)
yea, but only in the rain and on the spray. ;)

Originally posted by james t
yea, but only in the rain and on the spray. ;)

Speaking of the spray you get your nitrous kit back in? I know for a while there you were missing it. Just wondering if you got another in or not yet.

i dont really have it back, but have "unlimited free access" to it as long as i refill the bottle. :) all the holes are still there, and it only took me about 30 minutes to re-re-install it.

Hooray for big smokey Limited Slip burnouts on 275's. I can also chirp them in 2nd and 3rd. I used to be able to chirp 4th on 255's. See Signature for details. If you can't spin your tires maybe you should add some performance stickers. Yellow ones are even faster.

Ok now here's the real question, who can line lock thier 5spd manual? I tried with 4.10s, 33x12.5s and a powertrax in the rain and let me tell you the clutch spins first. :p

Speaking of line locks i need to get that and also a diff locker too.

Whats a line lock?

The line lock i am talking about is one that locks my front brakes while leaving the rears unlocked. That way i can do a burnout in the staging area without killng my rear brakes. Basically it allows you to do a proper brakestand that doesnt hurt anything.

Yep! can power break with 35 x 16 boggers, oh ya have 4.56 gears too,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by madmike
Yep! can power break with 35 x 16 boggers, oh ya have 4.56 gears too,

but is it a 5spd? and of course boggers are easy to break loose you practically have no tread touching the road. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back