Cant get cool!! rear air?

Curtis

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 XLT 4x4
My 04 doesn't seem to blow enough air to cool the people in the 2nd and 3rd row seats. The blower makes a lot of noise but doesn't blow like my 96 does.

Anyone know how the rear air systems work? Where is the blower? I have been looking at other explorers on ebay and see the controls are in the roof for the driver to reach.

its probably impossible to add I know...

What does your 3rd gen blow like? Mine wont even move my hair when pointed directly at me in the drivers seat on max...

given that the truck is black, and Im in FL, I need more air!
what about after market blower fans for increased flow? anything out there like that?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rear blower is in the rear on the drivers side. In the cargo area. Probably very difficult to add. My 05 blows reaaly good from the front, the rear air is a little soft, but it does get the job done here in Arizona. Rear air can be controlled from the front above the rear view mirror, or from the middle row of seats in the headliner. It will blow from the roof vents, or from vents in the center console that face the 2nd row of seats.

If I didnt have the rear air to help out, the front would not be strong enough to cool the entire truck during the summer months here in Arizzona.

Anyone know of a way to measure the amount of air coming from the front center vents? My blower is very loud but doesn't produce the flow like you would think with that noise.

Just an update to conclude this thread

The problem was the blend door in the Duct system.
Wasnt closing all the way.

replaced under the warranty.
$49 for the door
$650 labor !

Ouch on that labor to parts ratio.

Back