Carbon Fiber Hood Possibility From EE | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Carbon Fiber Hood Possibility From EE

Btw, some weight info would be nice, i.e. c/f vs. stock.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well guys, the carbon fiber hood may be a dead issue for now. I have been trying to get some hard facts and picture for about a week. The company has really been giving me the run around. I do not like to mention any names, but the initials are APC. They have a reputation for using crap from Taiwan etc. It turns out that the quality of these hoods are also crap. I did some investigating about having carbon fiber hoods produced. It sounds like a nightmare waiting to happen. It would be very difficult and expensive ($800- $900) to produce a carbon fiber hood that would be properly reinforced and would have a consistant quality. It would be easier to produce a Mustang GT style carbon fiber hood scoop, but it would still be about $300. I am always looking for Explorer body pieces. I will continue to look for other hood possibilities, but this one is not happening.

JOHN: How about a scoop like the one you guys had on the green X? I think it is the 83-84 Mustang scoop? Seems as though something that size could be made in fiberglass for a reasonable cost.

On second thought, lets just keep working on that wing!;)

Attachments

• xspecwing.jpg
    xspecwing.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 718

I hear you! Stay tuned.

Im tuned and I'm not chaingin' stations!:D

agg, i need a new hood! i just got into an accident a few nights ago, if i could get an aftermarket hood out of the deal, that would be mint, keep us informed!

Back