• Register Today It's free!

Cargo Liner for 3rd row Question.

jpoprock

Reaction score
City, State
Kokomo, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Limited
Hey all. I was wanting to purchase a Cargo liner for a 2002 Ford Explorer Ltd w/ 3rd Row seats. But I never use the 3rd row seats. So, I didn't know if I could get away with buying a liner that fits the 2 row or not. Same deal with the cargo organizers. I don't want to buy the one that works with the 3rd row seats, cuz it's half the size and I never have the 3rd row up. Any advise?

Thanks!
Jason

I went to PetSmart bought a cargo liner to fit my Explorer covered entire cargo area with seats up or down(no third row). I sold the Explorer and bought an Expedition with third row seats. It will cover from the second row back. I use mine to cover the second row seats and half of the third row, as the third row seats do not fold all the way flat. Cover is waterproof and can be thrown in the washing machine. Hope this helps.

Don't know if you if you got your answer yet. I just received a set of Nifty cargo liners from Summit Racing. I ordered the 2 piece set for the front, a one piece for the second seat and a cargo liner that goes almost to the back of the second seat. I am sure you could just order the rear cargo area if that's all you need. I also have the 3rd seat which I keep down.

Our 2007's 3rd. row seats down 'cause of motor failure.
I cut and painted a piece of 1/4" plywood to fit to back of middle row.
With a bit of tweaking, saves a good $75.00!

Cheers, M.

Back