• Register Today It's free!

Cargo Weight Limit?

sangiovese

Reaction score
City, State
Northern IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited 4WD
I've searched this forum, read the owner's manual and even Googled it, but I cannot find the answer to this question. What is the maximum weight that you can put inside of the Explorer? Assume that 2nd row and 3rd row seats are both folded flat.

There is a garden store that is sort-of far from our home but they have great prices. We like to stock up on dog food, bird seed, mulch, etc to make the trip worthwhile. We could easily fit twenty 50-lb bags into the back of the Ex, so this is 1000 lbs. Plus a driver and a passenger (270 lbs combined) for a total of nearly 1300 lbs. Would this load exceed the weight limit of the Ex?

I've searched this forum, read the owner's manual and even Googled it, but I cannot find the answer to this question. What is the maximum weight that you can put inside of the Explorer? Assume that 2nd row and 3rd row seats are both folded flat.

There is a garden store that is sort-of far from our home but they have great prices. We like to stock up on dog food, bird seed, mulch, etc to make the trip worthwhile. We could easily fit twenty 50-lb bags into the back of the Ex, so this is 1000 lbs. Plus a driver and a passenger (270 lbs combined) for a total of nearly 1300 lbs. Would this load exceed the weight limit of the Ex?

I would even consider worrying about it, drive carefully. For what its worth I put more than that inside.....

In other words: FWD = 5,363 AWD = 5,365

Dunno if I'd go nearly that high, though lol.

Back