• Register Today It's free!

Casio phone sync issue

Exploder2011

Reaction score
City, State
Wilmington, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer
I just updated my MFT to Sync VersionGen2 - V3.5.1. I have a very old Casio G'zOne Boulder phone that I used with the older version of Sync, and it worked very well. Since the upgrade to version 3.5.1, I am having problems syncing this phone, in fact, I have been totally unsuccessful. The phone will sync (show connected) and download the phonebook as before, and all appears to be OK, but after several minutes it disconnects. Then it will not reconnect. I can then turn the car off and back on, the MFT indicates that the phone is connected for a moment, then it disconnects. Apparently this new version has left my old phone behind "in the junk heap"!

Any ideas? I cannot find the phone on the compatibility charts, but it did work well before the update to V3.5. Thanks

I just updated my MFT to Sync VersionGen2 - V3.5.1. I have a very old Casio G'zOne Boulder phone that I used with the older version of Sync, and it worked very well. Since the upgrade to version 3.5.1, I am having problems syncing this phone, in fact, I have been totally unsuccessful. The phone will sync (show connected) and download the phonebook as before, and all appears to be OK, but after several minutes it disconnects. Then it will not reconnect. I can then turn the car off and back on, the MFT indicates that the phone is connected for a moment, then it disconnects. Apparently this new version has left my old phone behind "in the junk heap"!

Any ideas? I cannot find the phone on the compatibility charts, but it did work well before the update to V3.5. Thanks

Try reverse pairing. Instead of searching for Sync on your phone, have sync search for your phone. I've heard that reverse pairing works sometimes. I can't remember how to get it to do that - I'll check next time I'm in the car - I think there is a button on the initial pairing screen.

Hi, Exploder2011!

Like jrmexplorer said, try to reverse pair your phone to SYNC. Here are the steps:

PHONE > ADD DEVICE > FIND OTHER DEVICE

Make sure your phone is in DISCOVERABLE mode. Once you see the name of your phone on MFT, select it. Your phone will see that SYNC is trying to connect to it; you'll want to follow the prompts to allow the connection. Let me know if you have any questions!

Rebecca

Back