• Register Today It's free!

iphone sync issue

wryoung

Reaction score
City, State
Lake Tapawingo Mo.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Limited
My wife's iphone 5c was just replaced with another iphone 5c with updated software. Now it wont sync to her 2011 Escape with basic sync. I was told the software in her Escape needed to be upgraded. I've done this several times on her Escape and my 2013 Explorer on Fords website. The website shows an upgrade for her car but when I try to download it, after a few seconds it just comes back to the upgrade page with no download happening. Anybody have this problem before.

Thanks,
Bill

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My 2016 explorer at the beginning, i cannot sync it to my iPhone 6s. I tried more than 20 times, all failed , then I did master reset. Then it synced to my iPhone at the first try. So try the master reset, then it should work , although you will lost the radio starion that you saved

The master reset did not help. I think if I could download the upgrade that might solve the problem. My dealer want's $124 an hour to do that.

The master reset did not help. I think if I could download the upgrade that might solve the problem. My dealer want's $124 an hour to do that.

Dont pay your dealership for that .....thats absurd.

If Master Reset didn't work then pull the positive battery clip (blue clip) and leave it 15 minutes at least.

Also sometimes the browser and computer you use will cause an issue with the SYNC download.

No Apple MacBooks, try PC only, and use Chrome, make sure the USB is formatted FAT32 and completely cleaned off.

I have an update with my wife's iphone. Tried several more times entering the 6 digit code without success. When the 6 digit code was displayed I hit the down arrow on the dash and it gave me an alternate code which paired the phone. I'm leaving well enough alone.

Hi wryoung,

The update that's showing on your account was added by mistake. That's why it's looping when you try to download it. My support is aware and working to correct it. We're working on a newer update for the basic SYNC systems, so be sure to keep an eye on your account. Let me know if you have any more pairing issues. :)

Rebecca

Thanks Rebecca. I thought I was going nuts.

Bill

Hello fellow Explorer owners. New member, first post. I have an iPhone 6 plus that used to work fine before the recent sync/my touch update. Now what happens after the update is the phone goes silent so I don't hear text messages or emails (which may be a good thing), the bluetooth connects my music somehow and it shows up as paused on my lock screen. Before the update I never had this problem and I would often play music from my iPod via bluetooth in my 2013 Explorer. Any ideas?

Hi thegreatwalooo,

Check the Airplay setting on your iPhone. When you're in the car, swipe up from the bottom of your screen to open the Control Center. Tap AIRPLAY then select iPHONE.

Let me know if this helps!

Shaay

Back