• Register Today It's free!

phone sync

mjonas

Reaction score
City, State
Ocean Shores, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
my new 2011 explorer stopped syncing with my droid x phone recently. i also have another phone that also does not connect to the car. is this a software problem that anyone has experienced?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my new 2011 explorer stopped syncing with my droid x phone recently. i also have another phone that also does not connect to the car. is this a software problem that anyone has experienced?

Try a couple of things:

1.) delete the phone from MFT and delete the profile from your DroidX. Then, pull the battery from your phone while it is turned on. Turn on your phone again and try re-pairing.

2.) pull fuse #29 located in the fuse box above the parking brake.

3.) battery cable disconnect in your explorer - let it sit for 5 minutes, reconnect and then re-pair.

4.) take it to your dealer.

The simple answer is Yes, practically everyone with a cell phone has experienced this problem.

mjonas, the steps jrmexplorer listed are great. If you’d like another option before going to the dealer, I also recommend calling the In-Vehicle Technology Team (800-392-3673 - Option 1 then 3) to speak with a live agent to troubleshoot the issue.

Cory

The simple answer is Yes, practically everyone with a cell phone has experienced this problem.
Well, I, for one, have experienced zero problems with my Droid phone. It was synched up at the dealer the day I picked up my Ex and it has worked every day ever since. FWIW, I don't use my phone to play music and I haven't tried texting. I have just used it as a phone and it has worked perfectly.

My Droid X does not connect sometimes. Whenever I get back in the car the next time, it will usually connect.

Of course, I feel like it should connect every time. Should not have to play games to get it to connect.

Cell Phone Sync Problem

This is a response to my original question. Messing around with Sync today after several months of no sync with my Droid, I shut off my wireless network on my phone and Wala, the car synced with my phone. I guess you cant have wireless on your phone when the car also uses wireless. I hope this helps.

My Droid X connects fine and I never had an issue with it.

This is a response to my original question. Messing around with Sync today after several months of no sync with my Droid, I shut off my wireless network on my phone and Wala, the car synced with my phone. I guess you cant have wireless on your phone when the car also uses wireless. I hope this helps.

Thanks for the update, mjonas!

I'm glad you were able to connect your phone! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Rebecca

Back