Caster Camber set | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Caster Camber set

koda2000

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
x
I'm replacing the upper control arms (2-piece design right side), lower ball joints and sway bar end-links on my 2001 Explorer EB, 5.0L V8, 2WD with Moog parts from RockAuto. Do I also need to purchase the Moog caster camber bolt kit or any other parts to do this job? (assuming nothing else is worn). Tie rod ends are good, wheel bearings will be examined when removed. Right side contol arm bushings look okay. Shocks were resently replaced w/KYB's and tire wear is good.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not sure but on my 4WD the driver's side bolts are a bit difficult to remove, interference with the metal lines being the issue. I have heard the replacements are easier to install, and allow for the proper range of adjustment. I would change them out if you plan on keeping it.

unless you're going to lift, or lower it, you will not need to instal them.

No, I'm not lifting the truck. Thanks, I'd read some threads that talked about changing these parts, but I couldn't understand why you'd need to.

I just ordered the alignment kit with bolts and all for uppers from rock auto. 9.98 a piece.

Back