CCR2001 UPDATED! | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CCR2001 UPDATED!

Ok, I've got a room at the hotel (they are still available, at $59.95/night.)

I'll be showing up Friday afternoon/night. Look for a red 2001 Honda VFR (sport touring bike). That's more than likely me. :)

I've booked to leave Tuesday morning.

Rick, tuesday to Moab, wednesday to run some trails, thursday back to SFBay area is my plan. Is that what your thinking?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tom,

You're going to ride your sportbike from the Bay Area to Colorado? And I thought driving a truck for 2 days straight was a pain in the butt.........

How many miles can you ride in a day? Last year, on the CCR trip, my daily "record" was 1020 miles.

Chris,

Channel 13 it is.

Wabbit,

You have 2 weeks to go - sounds like you have about 3 or 4 days of work. You can do it!

Char,

Sorry to hear you aren't going to be there - I was looking forward to another Bar-B-Que!!!!

Yep, sounds like a good plan Tom. I may stay in Moab for an extra day though.

Originally posted by Scott Bosso
Tom,

You're going to ride your sportbike from the Bay Area to Colorado? And I thought driving a truck for 2 days straight was a pain in the butt.........

How many miles can you ride in a day? Last year, on the CCR trip, my daily "record" was 1020 miles.

A VFR is a Sport Touring Bike - emphasis on sport. I've put over 500 miles on it in one day (hwy 120 -> hwy 395 -> hwy 108 loop in the sierras). And that was with a stock seat. I now have a Sargent World Class Butt Saver seat, so I'll be doing about 700 miles on one day, and 400 on the second day.

Best part of the bike? I can cruise at 85, and still get 40mpg! :) (it drops to 35mpg at 105.. Did I say that?)

darknight, will be great to have you along. Please e-mail me at ccr2001@juno.com with your information: when you plan to arrive, where you're staying, vehicle category (stock, modified, etc.). Thanks! :)

ok well my plans may have changed slightly. Friday will be a "evening/night" arrival time instead of afternoon, since my company decided to ship me off to virginia for that whole week and aren't promising when I'll be back (assuming planes take off and arrive on time and so forth).

Well, put me on the not coming list. Plans didn't work out for moving there and don't have the time to go there with school back here in hickville. Colorado State University didn't have what I needed for Civil Engineering and my dad didn't get to move out there. So I'm stuck here and may make it next year if I can get to Colorado School of Mines.

coloradobound, sorry to hear you won't be able to make it. :( I've removed your listing from the itinerary page... Hopefully you'll be able to make another group run in the near future!

You rock, Heath. Just thought I'd let EVERYBODY know that. Thanks for finding me a big ol' steak!!!! :D

can I tag along?

Howdy all, I am a pretty new member, and I was wondering if I could get in on the fun. I haven't been on a run yet with anyone in the group, and I figured what better way than to jump right in...right? I live in Boulder, so it shouldn't be too bad to just hop on up to meet everyone. I'm drivin' a stock '91 XLT 4x4 (as the sig. says), and interested in just getting my feet wet. I can get up there anytime, as I live fairly close to it. If it's too late, have fun and lemme know how it went, if not, hope to see you soon!

It's not too late. Come out an join us for the fun! Make sure you check out the CCR 2001 Itinerary thread so you know when and where to meet and what trails will be available for the stockers to run.

See ya there!

Awesome!

Thanks Rick, can't wait to see you guys there!

Two-Tone,

CCR2000 was my first run. I highly recommend it. I don't know if you've done any wheelin' before (no experience necessary ;) ), but this group is simply the best. They're the only 4x4 group I've been around that is so helpful, friendly, and family oriented.

I've been out wheelin' with some folks that are just rude and crude, drinkin' and smokin' and cussin' all day long. I've never seen anything like that with Serious Explorations and it makes wheelin so much more fun!!

The stock runs are geared for folks that are just learning what they're trucks are capable of, perfect for a true first-timer and lots of fun! If you're a rough tough crazy-man (like that DarkMan guy, he's nuts), you can do some of the Modified runs and really show off what an Ex can do "right out of the box".

Be sure to look back over old posts and the Itinerary for what to bring, where to be, and when. (Does somebody have the link to Gerald's trail essentials list? I'm too lazy to find it.)

See you soon!

Dash Plaques will be available for this event for $5.00 ea.

ccr_plaque.jpg

No Heath, I will bring them to the event.

Rick

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't have a ruler here, but I believe they are 1" x 3". They are metal and have double sided tape on the back.

Back