CCR2001 UPDATED! | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CCR2001 UPDATED!

By golly I'm getting the warm fuzzies just hearing ya'lls willingness and that we've got a full crew willing to run on the actual holiday. I'm in!

Iron Chest sounds perfect for Monday, and if we have time, Mt Antero looks like an awesome view and challenging trail on the way back. Looking down on Colorado from 14,000 ft after taking on a difficult trail sounds like the way I want to finish the holiday. Might be the perfect time to relax on top and watch God work His stuff while we fellowship together and sip a cool one or enjoy a premium stogie or two.

Whaddya think?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm hoping to do Redcone Saturday, Wheeler Lake on Sunday and Holy Cross on Monday.

The lonewolf is ready to wheel on Monday!

Thats why the CCR was being held on the long weekend in the first place. Wasn't it?

I have Friday off as well. What is planned for Friday? Anything? Or is it kind of a free day? If all goes well I could be up there by 10 am or noon at the latest.

Yes, Friday's a "free day" for people to check-in, look around, get settled, etc. I will probably run a trail late morning however, since I'll have been in Silverthorne as of Thursday night. If anyone wishes to join me, let me know.

As for Monday, I'm pleasantly surprised by how many people are now planning to stay. :) In the original e-mails I received, it seemed most people were planning to head back that day.

Regardless, I'm working on stocker trails for Monday; they'll be posted by the end of this week. It sounds like the Big Dawgs are thinking of tackling Holy Cross... :eek:

I may possibly do holy cross on monday. The only thing I'm worried about on that trail will be the amount of traffic on there. Last weekend it was swamped and that wasn't a holiday weekend. It will be an all-day trail. We hit the trailhead about 9:30 and got back to silverthorne around 6 last time we went and that was without "holiday traffic".
Chris brought up what to do if wheeler lake goes too quickly. I think this will also be a busy trail so I'm not terribly concerned about that, but if we do finish the trail and we have a bunch of time left, we can probably just play around on some other trails in the area, if nothing else theres a reservoir near the trailhead that you can fish at.

Well guys I am in, of course. It just took me awhile but I finally made my reservations and sent my info to Chris. Looking forward to wheeling with you again.

Hey James, it'll be good wheelin' with you again! Glad you're able to make CCR2001 - see you there... :) When I receive your info (my web-based e-mail provider is currently about a day behind in getting messages to me <sigh>), I'll be sure to post it!

RE: CCR2001

Well chalk up one more Explorer for the trip. Just got off the phone with Anna, I'm number 11 in the hotel. She said she would honor the "Serious Explorations" discount for as many people as it takes to fill the hotel. She even said it was cool to leave my Hobie Cat parked off to the side while we were 'Wheeling! We're driving up from Denver, should be there later Friday evening, staying (and wheeling) thru Monday.

MickeySpiers,
It will be nice meeting another Coloradoian. We plan on going up Friday evening also so keep an eye open for a "Purple Explorer".

guys, I'm selling the Navajo, so the only way I can attend is to ride with someone else. This would be the last Explorer event I'll probably attend, as I'll no longer have an explorer/navajo after this.

If there's a free seat (big dawgs, I'll spot/photog), I'll come (ride the VFR up). If not, I will have to drop out, and say 'goodbye, goodluck!' to all.

SHEAY RIGHT, TOM!

You REALLY expect me to believe that somebody BOUGHT that thing? It's a great truck, I know, but how many times have you rolled it now??

Seriously, I hope you'll come up, even if it is "farewell". Did you get a non-Ford replacement or what?

I can't believe you're selling it... Oh well...

Anyway, Char can't make the trip since she is beginning the new school year. I would be glad to have you ride along with me.

There's no replacement, yet.

I really, really want to buy a house, so I can have a garage, and a place to put things. Houses are $300k in the SFBay area. As much as it pains me, doing this helps me get to that end.

Also, I've been finding it just too expensive to do hardcore wheeling with this truck. (broken this, broken that, smashed this..) So, I've got the chance to get out, recover enough money to make it break even, so I have decided to run with it. $1200 for the rear quarter glass was the straw that broke the camels back (everything else, about $400 in parts to make it street legal).

Roomate slot avaliable!!!

Well both of my ridealong guests have backed out so will be able to have a roomate in the hotel if anyone wants to share the room. You just have to be able to put up with an acused snorer. (I have NEVER heard the proof that I snore :D )

The room is supposed to be a double queen size room, so if anyine is still lookin' for a place to rest their head, let me know.

"Also, I've been finding it just too expensive to do hardcore wheeling with this truck.
(broken this, broken that, smashed this..."

No matter what you get if you do hardcore wheeling you'll be breaking things. Even Dana 60s break on Jeeps. Even 2-1/2 ton axles break on the Sniper.

I knew that glass was going to be expensive. It's ludicrous to think how much they want for glass. They wanted 800 for my back window. 1000 if it had a defroster!

lonewolf I need a room

What days are you going to be there? I have a Ranger too. Wow 2 Rangers going with the Explorers !

Wade

lonewolf I need a room

What days are going to be there? Wow 2 Rangers both with Goodyear MTRs thats cool, get back with me if you still if you still need a roomate.

Wade

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Re: lonewolf I need a room

Originally posted by go off road
What days are going to be there? Wow 2 Rangers both with Goodyear MTRs thats cool, get back with me if you still if you still need a roomate.

Wade, I sent you an email this morning. You are welcome to share the room!

Cool. At least I won't be the only SporTrac Prototype :bounce: there!

Back