• Register Today It's free!

CD Changer Problem

SmithA

Reaction score
City, State
Hertford, UK
Year, Model & Trim Level
Happy new year to you all.

A bit of background first of all, i took the opportunity during the festive break to clean the MAF (it stopped me going down the pub for a few hours!!) all went ok, i then disconnected the neg battery terminal for 10 mins. Reconnected everything back up and all was great with the world, i was planning to drive down to Suffolk next day so i knew that would be a long enough journey to for the ECU to do its learning thing.

Now to the point ever since completing the above the CD Changer in the boot will not accept the disc holder, it does not lock in when it is inserted.

Any ideas???

Andy

P.S. did i do a wrong thing when i had the car filled with Super Unleaded for the ECU to do its learning (Ordinary unleaded was a bit scarce in my neck of the woods after the bonfire in Hemel) i got great MPG over 165 mile from Half a tank, it is now back down to 145-150 per half tank now it is back on ordinary unleaded?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When I bought my "North Face" from Ford the CD changer did the same thing and Ford didn't know why, but I took the plastic facia around it in the boot off (The bit to keep the car looking neat), and unplugged the cd changers 12 pin plug for a couple of minutes, plugged it back in and it accepted the magazine again and worked fine.

Hope it works for you too

Rob

Thanks for the tip Rob,

I gave it a go yesterday and still no joy :(
Looks like a trip to ebay

Andy

SmithA said:
Thanks for the tip Rob,

I gave it a go yesterday and still no joy :(
Looks like a trip to ebay

Andy

These auto changes are renound for silly faults. You can have it sent back to Fords audio repair center via Ford dealer.

Back