• Register Today It's free!

CD player wont eject CDs

Thelt

Reaction score
City, State
Lenoir, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Limited
I have the 6 disc changer and it will not eject my CDs, or play them. Any ideas? The radio part still works.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Click on Search and type in CDs won't eject.

Just when you think you are unique, then you are just like everyone else.

I did a little searching and did not find anything all that helpful so I just took it apart to see if I could figure it out. I was able to do so. Once you get it apart you can see a small connector that runs from the face plate (behind the "5" and "6") to the main carriage that holds the CDs. This had come unplugged in mine. I plugged it back up and it spit out the CDs. It seems to be working fine now.

One word of caution if anyone looks this up with a similar problem. The connectors on the back are hard to get out. You need to turn the radio over and put a small flat screw driver against the button and pop it out. If you try to hold the button down and pull it will not come out.

Mine has had a similar problem but easily remedied by using a credit card or other dull object to release the CD stuck behind the door.

Mine has had a similar problem but easily remedied by using a credit card or other dull object to release the CD stuck behind the door.

I tried that. I used another CD to try and get it out but I ended up with 7 CDs inside it..... It was not trying to eject since it was unplugged.

How hard was it to take it apart and how did you get the thing apart? On mine i can insert disks 1-5 but in slot 6 something is hanging down getting in the way of the disk, other slots work.

How hard was it to take it apart and how did you get the thing apart? On mine i can insert disks 1-5 but in slot 6 something is hanging down getting in the way of the disk, other slots work.

It was not too bad. There are some screws on the side that hold it together. If I remember right there are five screws on each side and then it will come apart. They are those annoying little star headed screws so you will need a set of bits that will fit them. There are two different sizes as well. Luckily I have a set of those bits in my tool kit. There was one screw on each side that I did not put back. I went to a small bracket that went inside the carriage somewhere but it seemed redundant and difficult to reinstall. It works fine so far with out it.

Looks like I spoke too soon. Now will just turn itself off and then back on repeatedly whether I am listening to the radio or a CD. I do not know if I screwed something up when I took it out or if it is just dying a slow death. Either way looks like I am going to need a new one.

Back