CD stuck - stereo turns on & off | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CD stuck - stereo turns on & off

headshok

Reaction score
I have a 2003 Explorer with the stock single CD player. Here's my problem: a cd that I had been listening to for months got stuck and won't eject. Now when I turn on the stereo, it resets the clock to 12:00 and puts the band frequency to AM. After about 10 seconds it tries to read the cd for about 1 second, then goes back to the radio, then tries to read the cd, then goes back to the radio. Even though it sets the clock back 12:00, it doesn't not reset my presets.

Any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've had CD's stuck in a 6 disc changer in my 2002 EB Edition and the way I solved the problem was to disconnect/reconnect the battery (as mentioned in a previous post)...when I started the car the changer displayed the message "INITIALIZING" and once it was done I began pressing eject button then out came 4 CD's...regards Barry

Tried that

I had tried that last week and left it disconnected for about 30 minutes. I tried it again last night and left it disconnected for about an hour. CD didn't eject and I still had all my presets.

Do you know if there's a fuse that needs to be removed also?

A hammer might work?

i had this happen when i just picked up the vehicle.. i opened it up (i know head units) and i took the cd out.. but dont do that unless you know what your doing.. i do( then i kept that unit and got a brand new one from ford for free.. lemon law i love you..(now i have a jvc unit and it works) might have melted the cd to the unit though so idk.. take it somewere and let them look at it.

Back