Center console removal 97 Explorer EB | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Center console removal 97 Explorer EB

Fordman07885

Reaction score
City, State
Wharton, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 EB
I need to remove the center console with a message center on a 1997 Explorerr EB. Haven't a clue where to start. Any help appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The first step is to remove the black plastic top peices. They are held in by clips. Pull up on the one closest to the dash and then remove it. Then pull up and out on the one that has the tissue holder in it. You can then see some bolts that go into the floor, but I think that the armrest and cd holder need to be removed first. this should help you get started.

Thanks for the reply. I did get the top part of the center console removed. That was all I need to do to get at the "La p out Module" that had gone bad. ;)

Ahh dragging back an old thread because I need to take the ENTIRE center console out of my 97' EB w/ message center. I've gotten prettymuch everything off except the tan sides and the frame but now I'm completely stuck and can't find any more bolts to unscrew :rolleyes: I'm trying to bring up the carpet so I can fatmat the whole goddamned interior. Thanks in advance everyone.

just below where the cup holders sit, look down past the metal on each side, near the tan plastic, should be 2 bolt heads sitting there, i think 8mm is the size,also at the very front there are 2 that go into the lower dash, they are next to what looks like nails, the "nails" help keep it stra8t, after those, i think it just slides back and out. cause i just took one of these out of a junked car, and am in the middle of installing it in mine. good luck

Back