• Register Today It's free!

Changing interior switch colors

5.0 POWER

Reaction score
City, State
Northern Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Eddie Bauer
Well my unlock switch started to give me problems so...this weekend I decided to start working on changing all of the old green switches to a more suitable color for my red x..... red = ). So far so good. i am ordering more led's online. I will try to get picture up when i can figure out how to do so, but right now i can't figure out how to change the size. I figured out how to replace all the door switches and now i am figuring out how to change the center console and bezel switchs. I am also ordering a spare gauge cluster to modify with a new printed background and needle color change. Does anyone know where i can by colored rubber pieces that would fit over a small bulb?? Since most of the dash lights have a bluish type sleeve over them already. It would really make this easier to do.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You could try a set of inverted 194 wedge bulbs for the gauge cluster. You can get different colored ones. I just ordered a set of white ones since i have a burned out one, might as well change them all to leds.

Here is a set http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/10x-...009QQitemZ190199023758QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
LED_R_2.jpg

Want to change my cluster and other dash lights as well anyone know exactly which ones i would need?? tired of the green ones, wanna go BLUE....

I went blue led in mine it looks awsome

:ttiwwp:

How about some pictures of the blue LEDs

I really like that keypad color change. That is really cool. Has anyone tried to change the COVER of the light that is on the doors. I was looking at this and thinking abour just cutting out a piece of plexi and frosting it, then siliconing it in. Any one tried to get rid of this??

as soon as i can get some god pics of the blue dash i will post them my camera realy sucks at takeing pics in the dark

i did all mine about 2 months ago. i would say in total, it took me about 6 hours to do everything (dash, and locks). for the door locks, i took apart the switch, and gutted it, then i drilled the holes out to fit a 5mm l.e.d. . also, i love this page, he covers basicaly everything. hope this helps

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/296394

Back