• Register Today It's free!

Changing Side Mirror Turn Signals

holliwood98

Reaction score
City, State
Magnolia, Tx.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer XLT
Does anyone know the procedure to remove the turn signals in the side mirrors on a 2014 X? My wife smacked a mailbox and it broke the turn signal lens. I bought a new one, but wanted to find out how to remove the side mirror glass to be able to get to the clips that hold the turn signal in the housing.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Subscribed. Need to replace mine too.

There are multiple steps. I will be nice enough to email the service manual sections if you PM me your email address.

Jason

There is a post on this forum that shows a You Tube video on dismantling the side mirror.

Peter

Yeah, I've been searching on here for one, but haven't found anything. Do you have the link?

There is a post on this forum that shows a You Tube video on dismantling the side mirror.

Peter

Peter:

You don't need the link, you can simply do what I did. Backup, look to the right and take out the driver's side mirror on something sticking out from the sidewall you didn't see!

It was completely disassembled when I got to it!

:D

Okaaaay, I guess that will also work. :D

Peter

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I'm guessing you are interested in the instructions. If so, just send Jason (jmr061) a PM.

Peter

1. I would appreciate it much if you email me that section on how to replace the mirror led turn signal. I have searched the web with no luck. Thanks in advance.

Back