side mirror turn signals | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

side mirror turn signals

I thought of an idea the other day,
I don't know if anyone has ever done this but Ithought it might be cool.
Has anyone ever took the puddle lights (Lights under the side mirrors) and hooked them upto your turn signal wiring so they are turn signals? oh and don't forget to change the bulbs to yellow,If they make them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

mercedes have those, cant say im a fan

I'm sorry, but what's the point of this?? The puddle light focuses its light to the bottom where no one can see until dark. The signal lights on Mercedes, Acura TSX, Expeditions and Navigators are visible for other drivers in both day and night. So going back to my question...what's the point??

But there's an alternative, get a signal mirror. If I remember correctly, they cost about $150 a pair. It's pretty cool. There's an article on DIYtv.com about that. The best thing was that they used an Explorer to install it.

thread resurrection..... anyone currently have a mod like this?

Muth Mirrors www.muthco.com has a retrofit kit for GenII Explorers. However, it seems a bit involved in removing the door panels, speakers, existing mirror housings, etc, just for signal mirrors. Also, they run $189 for a set. As much as I like retro'ing my '98 for cool stuff, I think I may forego this one based on price and amount of work just for lighted arrows on my side mirrors.

that price is a little steep, no thanks.

Back